Xavi Hernández

Windhook

Xavi's good away record is thanks to the opposition pressuring and not allowing us to play the endless siege tiki-taka football. Barca are scoring lots of goals from speedy counter-attacks lately.

I completely agree with those who say this year La Liga is inferior. And it will sink even lower with the strict salary cap Tebas and the LFP think they "saved" Spanish football. The league simply has no appeal after CR7 and Messi departures. Real Madrid won CL again, but their triumph didn't add any value to La Liga. Athletic Bilbao, Valencia, Sevilla, Betis run on a battery save mode, selling players. Deportivo La Coruna used to be a great club and added another edge to La Liga in the 90's until around 2005. Guess where are they now? Primera RFEF, the former Segunda B (third tier).

xXKonan

The only real thing I still find sketchy is the Midfield positioning can be pretty dreadful.

First, 20 minutes The trio was too far away from each other and Sevilla was getting in too easily thankfully Mats had some heroic saves and we ended up giving them a sucker punch on the counter and getting that goal and then we corrected that with Pedri dropping down deep and helping Busi out.

The first goal reminded me so much of how Real wins their games and I actually liked it. Somehow weather the storm and then give them a punch in the face by scoring on the counter. Helps build some actual character on the team and gives them mental fortitude that has been much needed for a long time now.

serghei

The only real thing I still find sketchy is the Midfield positioning can be pretty dreadful.

First, 20 minutes The trio was too far away from each other and Sevilla was getting in too easily thankfully Mats had some heroic saves and we ended up giving them a sucker punch on the counter and getting that goal and then we corrected that with Pedri dropping down deep and helping Busi out.

The first goal reminded me so much of how Real wins their games and I actually liked it. Somehow weather the storm and then give them a punch in the face by scoring on the counter. Helps build some actual character on the team and gives them mental fortitude that has been much needed for a long time now.

True, but for me we are only 4 games into the first real rebuild season. I find we move at a pretty unreal pace in being back. A lot will depend on Pedri and Gavi this season. If they can bring the goods vs top tier opposition... we can do damage. Lewandowski is a world class player, Raphinha is top class just shy of the best wingers, and the defense is a weak point in most big teams anway. Gavi and Pedri can make or break us. And how Xavi does of course.

I think we are very close of beating Bayern, who are easily top 3 in this start of the season.

Last edited:

Gari

Xavi: "Seeing Sevilla's match repeated, you realise that most of Sevilla's chances were offside. But the feeling of the first 15 minutes was that we didn't dominate, we lacked patience. But now we can score goals."He sees and acknowledges.

Porque

Xavi: "Seeing Sevilla's match repeated, you realise that most of Sevilla's chances were offside. But the feeling of the first 15 minutes was that we didn't dominate, we lacked patience. But now we can score goals."He sees and acknowledges.

Said something similar in the match thread. The delayed application of the VAR gave the appearance of Sevilla overloading us and handed them the in-game momentum.

Really weird situation as the offside calls should have instead been emphasising our defensive consolidation.

VAR would make prime catenaccio look vulnerable and overrun.

fergus90

Tuchel is a top coach though. Won the CL, Super Cup and Club world Cup. Reached the FA Cup and League cup final too. Was there less than 600 days and had to deal with the Abramovich shit-show.

Horatio

You're welcome
Yeah I agree. I actually rate him fairly high. Just proven to be a bit nuts and after that sure most would not want him here anymore.

iniestaGOAT

Tuchel is a top coach though. Won the CL, Super Cup and Club world Cup. Reached the FA Cup and League cup final too. Was there less than 600 days and had to deal with the Abramovich shit-show.

Proven cup manager.

Didn't do shit in the league vs pep and klopp, difference between good and elite

Home of Barca Fans