Deportivo La Coruna

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Hopefully Depor survive next season and the season after that gradually build a squad to compete for a europa place. Glad they are back in La Liga.

Sergio

Sergison
Depor! Depor! Depor!

Back to Primera winning ways! And playing the nicest football since the mid 2000's. Very nice that Valeron came on in 2p as well, such a hero playing still.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I hope they stay up, they're a big club that belongs in the top flight. And the city and the climate is worlds apart from Málaga so they might need something to brighten up the day during winter!

DavidVillano1

Heard Deportivo have filled to go into Administration?

Hopefully they will be survive and get out of this financial problem.

Maria

Wjile Barca spends 210M euros in salaries and RM tries to establish a new record and buy Bale to add him a squad that already has Benzema, Cristiano, Isco, Ozil and Di Maria, today Deportivo could disappear if the debts towards their players are not paid. But not to worry, the president of the LFP showed us the bright side of things when he said that the TV money distribution keeps the best players in the league...

Zuess99

I've always wished for ortega to buy the club but maybe he aint a fan , I mean he is from there what harm could he do. Deportivo would be a great club.

Messi983

Gaizka Garitano was sacked yesterday after 4-0 loss vs Leganes. Pepe Mel and Sergio Gonzalez are favourites to replace him.

[tw]835953957637926912[/tw]

BarçaBarça

A bit odd to see Krohn-Dehli in this team. He is a very good player, but more equipped for technical and possession-based football, as I see it.
But I guess everyone can use a Krohn-Dehli..

Messi983

After 3 straight losses Deportivo are currently in 19th position in LaLiga Smartbank.

It's the first in 31 years they are in the relegation zone in Segunda Division.

Leo_Messi

I do miss Súper Dépor. They were part of my earliest football memories when I started watching football as a small kid who did not yet fully understand all the nuisances of the game. What a story that was for Spanish football as well. A modest team with no remarkable results in their history from the "faraway" rainy, windy but proud northwestern Galicia, who took Spanish football with storm in the mid to late 1990's. I remember the late 1990's and early 2000's much better due to my age.

One of the most astonishing games that I have witnessed in the CL to date, was Dépor's 4-0 win against AC Milan (the previous season's CL winners) at Riazor in the quarter-finals back in 2004 after having lost the first leg 4-1 at San Siro. Did not like that one bit back then but what a game that was. Later for Dépor to go out in the semifinals narrowly (0-1 on aggregate) against a Monaco team who ended up playing in the CL final against Porto that season and losing 0-3. Always felt that, that edition of CL was Dépor's to win although Porto would not have been an easy rival in a final.

Bit of a shame that none of Valencia, Dépor and Atlético de Madrid ever won a CL despite 5 final appearances in total and a few semifinals appearances.

Dépor is likewise one of the few Spanish clubs still owned by socios.

[youtube]7ooUGKHkCAk[/youtube]

Javier Irureta was one of the most underrated managers of his time as well.

Best way to describe's Dépor's league win back in 1999-00, was as if a slightly better and more dominating Leicester (years prior) had won a league title. Not as big an upset but not a too outrageous comparison.

[youtube]cMp633my9hQ[/youtube]

[youtube]dn8w3YcM1BA[/youtube]

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans