FC Barcelona Handbol

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Xavi O'Callaghan will replace David Barrufet as the new manager of the handball section. He will also be in charge of the futsal and roller hockey sections, apparently.

Farripas

Xavi O'Callaghan will replace David Barrufet as the new manager of the handball section. He will also be in charge of the futsal and roller hockey sections, apparently.

This is really a cost saving measure. But come on... One thing it would be to be a Director of 3 sports, but to manage a team from one sport and be the Director of two others...

BUT, we win internally at roller hockey and handball without much effort and it's all about the european competitions, so... I guess Xavi O'Callaghan will be able to do everything. Still not a big fan of the move.

EDIT: I guess i misunderstood. I thought manager was the guy choosing the team, but Xai Pascual is the manager/coach. I guess you meant Director of maximum responsible of the handball section.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
This is really a cost saving measure. But come on... One thing it would be to be a Director of 3 sports, but to manage a team from one sport and be the Director of two others...

BUT, we win internally at roller hockey and handball without much effort and it's all about the european competitions, so... I guess Xavi O'Callaghan will be able to do everything. Still not a big fan of the move.

EDIT: I guess i misunderstood. I thought manager was the guy choosing the team, but Xai Pascual is the manager/coach. I guess you meant Director of maximum responsible of the handball section.

Yes, manager or director, whatever the title is, the person who overseas the entire section, not the coach.

No idea who will replace Xavi Pascual right now, read that there are several candidates and scenarios, one of which would be akin to a "handball version of Pep".

Farripas

Yes, manager or director, whatever the title is, the person who overseas the entire section, not the coach.

No idea who will replace Xavi Pascual right now, read that there are several candidates and scenarios, one of which would be akin to a "handball version of Pep".

I'm more in favor of this measure if he is the Manager/Director of 3 sections. I'm not against that.

I think we can give a "handball version of Pep" a try. Since internally we're so dominant, we can develop a coach.

Messi983

Aalborg H?ndbold will make their EHF FINAL4 bow against Paris Saint-Germain Handball, while record champions Bar?a face HBC Nantes in the semi-finals of the EHF Champions League Men.

The EHF FINAL4 2021 draw took place on Tuesday morning at the Sportradar studios in Vienna, Austria and was conducted by EHF President Michael Wiederer.

The event will take place on 12 and 13 June at Lanxess Arena in Cologne, Germany.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Laporta has confirmed Antonio Carlos Ortega as the new coach. He's currently coaching TSV Hannover.

Just checked, Hannover-Burgdorf is currently sitting in the 13th place of the German handball league, meh. Is Ortega getting hired because he is somehow good or promising, or because he was a member of the so-called "Dream Team" that we had?

Messi983

Xavi Pascual has signed a 3-year contract with Dinamo Bucharest. His son Alex Pascual and Cedric Sorhaindo will also join him there.

Home of Barca Fans