20 - Sergi Roberto

psychotsek

He should have been loaned last summer along Rafinha and Deulo. Had he played 30-35 matches we could have a better opinion of him and his abilities.

khaled_a_d

The only appearance the poor guy has made have either been for the last few mins from the bench or in a midfield comprising of Song and Cesc i.e no control in midfield. Play him with Don and Busi in a match in the Xavi role and he'd do significantly better plus he is the only pure CM apart from Xavi. P.S Song is so bad that he sucks in FIFA as well always getting in my way and blocking passing moves and shots sometimes I just try to injure him sliding at him even when we have the ball

Did you watch him with Barca B?I mean even against inferior players it was pretty obvious that the kid doesn't belong to elite clubs ,he will be ok player in average liga team and that's it

ebieymjunior

Did you watch him with Barca B?I mean even against inferior players it was pretty obvious that the kid doesn't belong to elite clubs ,he will be ok player in average liga team and that's it

Not true, last year when he played under Tito, I thought he was better than Rafinha

ebieymjunior

Good video on Sergi Roberto.

I like that he's aware of his surroundings before getting the ball, his ball retention, and the way he attracts opponents to himself before passing the ball.

Jadentheman

I say we keep him. A lot you guys say the B team players aren't Barca material or suck because the spotlight wasn't on them. But you have to see Roberto is quality. I can see in the video. I trust Roberto I would keep him

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I say we keep him. A lot you guys say the B team players aren't Barca material or suck because the spotlight wasn't on them. But you have to see Roberto is quality. I can see in the video. I trust Roberto I would keep him

Roberto is quality. There's no way we can assess his first season correctly because Tata only ever played him in garbage time minutes with second string lineups. Give him a few games with one of Xaviesta and Busquets, and boost his confidence. Then we will see the rampaging, confident Sergi we saw glimpses of against Bayern in preseason.

Gohan

Super Saiyan
To be honest, when Sergi played the few minutes he had this season. He never dissapointed. Wasn't too flashy either, but did the job. I really don't want to see him go.

Richard.H

He needs playing time!! Just loan them out if they are not going to get sufficient playing time! I'm sick and tired of all the coaches since Pep not utilizing La Masia!

anguy

Roberto is quality. There's no way we can assess his first season correctly because Tata only ever played him in garbage time minutes with second string lineups.

So how do you know he's quality? Even when he got a chance he was completely invisible.

Zangash

Banned
So how do you know he's quality? Even when he got a chance he was completely invisible.

He wasn't invisible against Celtic, which is one of the few games he started. This past season he hasn't actually had a bad game. He does about as much per game as Xavi, but the difference is he doesn't have a over dozen trophies in the past handful of years.

BerkeleyBernie

He does about as much per game as Xavi, but the difference is he doesn't have a over dozen trophies in the past handful of years.

Welllll- no. The key difference I notice between Xavi and Roberto is that Xavi is far superior in positioning. Roberto doesn't roam with as much purpose as Xavi, and I've often seen him run/pass a ball into a dead end. But, to be frank, no one else positions as good as Xavi. Thiago was the best, and clearly studied what Xavi was doing, adding his own attacking instincts.

DinhoR10

TBH roberto against Celtic didnt look different than the majority of Xavi's recent games but with better defensive contribution.

Home of Barca Fans