Pablo Torre (loaned to Girona)

Messi983

He should do the preseason with Barca and than Xavi should decide what is his level. With that kind of thinking we would send Pedri on loan 2 years ago.

Yeah, of course he should do a preseason with the team and he will. My point was just that letting him stay at Racing for another year is worth considering if Xavi won't see a clear way for him to get first team minutes. And we're quite stacked in midfield. If we'll decide to send him on loan would be easier for him to get regular minutes back at the club he already knows which would be important as he wouldn't do a preseason with them.

100% agree that he should stay there and get regular playtime.

It has been a while, hopefully you are doing well.

I'm fine, thanks. You? :)

Andresito

Staff member
Just hope they don't do a Demir and promote him directly. Always good to have the option of playing for the B team, even if he proves too good for them.

Porque

He will be closer to a Pedri than a Demir. Way more productive player (although 3rd level of Spanish football admittedly) who has a strong idea of what to do with the ball.

Demir can still turn out a good player, but he was another one of those Messi regens where he only knows how to cut in and send a curler or try a diagonal through pass (which doesn't come off), and most of the time lacks the pace to pull both off.

Should definitely start as a B player like Gavi though. And atleast he is signed and concluded so we won't mess up with a purchase clause like what happened with Demir.

ajnotkeith

He will be closer to a Pedri than a Demir. Way more productive player (although 3rd level of Spanish football admittedly) who has a strong idea of what to do with the ball.

Demir can still turn out a good player, but he was another one of those Messi regens where he only knows how to cut in and send a curler or try a diagonal through pass (which doesn't come off), and most of the time lacks the pace to pull both off.

Should definitely start as a B player like Gavi though. And atleast he is signed and concluded so we won't mess up with a purchase clause like what happened with Demir.

Demir scored a lot of goals in Austria as well, but to put it mildly he wasn't up to standard here.

I'm concerned about this players physicality. He looks incredibly small and not all that fast for an attacker, so he will have to be brilliant to make it as a midfielder here.

Porque

Demir scored a lot of goals in Austria as well, but to put it mildly he wasn't up to standard here.

I'm concerned about this players physicality. He looks incredibly small and not all that fast for an attacker, so he will have to be brilliant to make it as a midfielder here.

Not as much though. Agree with you though. I think he would struggle wide for us in terms of beating his man either inside or out, while next seasons midfield will be stacked. Question is if he can think like a midfielder for 90 and consistently play the simple passes and not be De La Pena there.

But let's see. If he can be on the left, perhaps he can be molded to be a bit Grealish esque, where all he needs is half a yard to use his fabulous right foot for a pinpoint cross or shot. That danger would make defenders stand off him.

Porque

Pablo Torre played his last game for Racing Santander as they beat Andorra 3-0 in the Copa de Campeones. A match for bragging rights where the winners of the RFEF League A and B play eachother.

Ends the season with 10 goals and 9 assists.

I like this Santander team. We should consider sending Ilias there.

Last edited:

Iniesta Ultra

The empty stands is really sad, no local people care to watch?

He looks significantly smarter and more talented than Gavi.

Last edited:

Porque

The empty stands is really sad, no local people care to watch?

This is a good point. By comparison this is the final of the FA Trophy in England (English 5th Tier). Perhaps Spanish Football could try to make their trophy mean more.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans