La Liga | Round 23: FC Barcelona - Atletico Madrid 4-2

fergus90

Abde is barely resembling a professional footballer the last few weeks so yeah Adama is straight in for him I think.

Maybe LDJ gets the nod but I think it will be Ferran-Auba-Adama straight out the gate.

JerseyAddict

It is relevant as it is part of the decision clearly if they are better than alternatives even if not match fit.

I think Dembele and Auba will start and if not Traore for Dembele.

It would really surprise me if Dumbele starts. The club would shit himself... He needs to be cooled down for starts...

Porque

No need to start Dembele in this one. We have enough new toys to develop the 11 without him.

Now the bigger thing for me is that if Xavi does not see Ferran as a false 9 then we may have made a bad play in signing him, and for so much.

But then again, Ferran out wide will be different when the 9 position is occupied by someone with the pace and movement of Auba (if fully fit) compared to Luuk, Jutgla or Depay.

Andresito

Staff member
I don't really fancy Ferran at RW. Think his potential is much higher at both LW and CF.

Birdy

[MENTION=21238]barca[/MENTION]Times
?
2h
@fansjavimiguel
The starting attacking trio against Atl?tico Madrid will be Adama-Ferran-Dembele. Aubameyang will come in the second half. #fcblive

SUPERB!
Ferran at CF to show his WC potential there.

Would also like to see Adama-Auba-Dembele together as trio

mc_lovin

I don't really fancy Ferran at RW. Think his potential is much higher at both LW and CF.

Ferran is a weird case. Says himself he's best on the right, but his best quality appears to be his goal scoring, which screams inverted winger -->LW. He's right footed after all.

behindbrowneyes

[MENTION=21238]barca[/MENTION]Times
?
2h
@fansjavimiguel
The starting attacking trio against Atl?tico Madrid will be Adama-Ferran-Dembele. Aubameyang will come in the second half. #fcblive

SUPERB!
Ferran at CF to show his WC potential there.

Would also like to see Adama-Auba-Dembele together as trio

Yes, would be a great forward line. That kind of wingers would stop teams like Bilbao and Atletico press so high against Barca. Barca really struggled with that.

Last edited:

Birdy

Havin both Adama and Dembouz spread out wide on both wings makes defenses sooooo uneasy...

They can terrorize and penetrate them out wide

Birdy

The best formation/lineup for Sunday IMO:

------------MATS-
-----Araujo-FDJ-Pique
Alves--Busi--Pedri--Alba-
----Adama--------Dembele
-----------Ferran

OR

------------MATS-
-----Alves-Araujo-Pique
Adama--Busi--Pedri--Alba-
----FDJ--------Dembele
---------Ferran
It's crucial that we play with a formation that morphs into 3 ATB to counter Atleti's formation of 2 forwards
That happens with either FDJ playing libero (give the injuries of CBs), or with Alves playing RCB and Adama RWB

Bobo32

...As they are forgetting about Puig, the most exciting player of the squad. A shame!
Yes Gavi is one who should unquestionably be starting. You can't play players like Traore, Dembele, Araujo and dissatisfied de Jong, barely compete for EL spots, and let a player like Gavi sit on the bench. Although Gavi has had some close to terrible performances too, that was looked past a bit because of his talent and age. He should play, but he should also play a lot better than he has done, I am sure he is capable of it.

I am very negative thinking right at this moment, I don't think Xavi has gotten the right handle of things yet, he has too much patience with some players and too little trust with others, on the whole it looks almost as scattered and as chaotic as under Koeman still.

The signings are very dubious, but let them get their chance to prove themselves.

serghei

I also like very much Ferran in a false 9 position. I think his intelligence and natural movement are great for this position. He can be a sort of Diego Jota/Firmino etc. player for us, but we have to wait and see if Xavi is good enough of a manager to make something like that suitable, because it will require plenty of manager-work. False 9 is a concept only a great manager can win with.

I only remember Pep and Klopp winning big with that type of player as a central forward.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans