Luis Diaz

M3ls

Mane is going to be sold this summer at 30, he's no longer the explosive player he was a few years back - Diaz is virtually a like for like replacement. Great move from Liverpool

Clearly some of you have not been paying attention, Barca are quite active in the winter market. They are not sleeping, simply handcuffed by the ruinous financial policies of Bartomeu et al. Moreover, Diaz is a left sided winger and when healthy Ansu is going to be occupying that space - if anything, they require a right sided winger like Antony which makes the Adama move a shrewd move. Come summer, spending & wage cap will be different and moves will be made to shore up the squad in all the areas they need to

Finally, we are in capable hands from sporting & financial sense

What are you talking about?

Fati is finished.

Stop talk about this player.

Anthony is not natural winger.

M3ls

Neither jota nor Diaz is world class

Jota is world class with the ball and without ball.
Lets open progressive stats.

Diaz is pre-world class player.

Salah, Mane were also pre-world class when they first arrived at Liverpool. But then they became world-class players.

Barcilliant

Salah, Mane were also pre-world class when they first arrived at Liverpool. But then they became world-class players.

This. The player can be potentially world class.Alsi Klopp is very good at assembling teams with the right players. From memory only flops Pool have signed are Keita and Minamino.

Zidane82

It's going to be salah

Na

Diaz plays the left side like Mane and cuts inside on his right to score .
He does move more centrally occasionally but rarely ventures over to Salahs side

Also Salah has been amazing whilst Mane has not been himself for about 12 months.

iniestaGOAT

Na

Diaz plays the left side like Mane and cuts inside on his right to score .
He does move more centrally occasionally but rarely ventures over to Salahs side

Also Salah has been amazing whilst Mane has not been himself for about 12 months.

Yeah I meant because of Salah/ Liverpool salary dispute. Does not look like its going to end soon.

mc_lovin

It's really not that simple/obvious :lol:

As of now Liverpool are still riding the same generation. There hasn't been any kind of rebuild from their two (!) title wins so far. We will see how lucky they get this time.

Birdy

Mane is going to be sold this summer at 30, he's no longer the explosive player he was a few years back - Diaz is virtually a like for like replacement. Great move from Liverpool

Clearly some of you have not been paying attention, Barca are quite active in the winter market. They are not sleeping, simply handcuffed by the ruinous financial policies of Bartomeu et al. Moreover, Diaz is a left sided winger and when healthy Ansu is going to be occupying that space - if anything, they require a right sided winger like Antony which makes the Adama move a shrewd move. Come summer, spending & wage cap will be different and moves will be made to shore up the squad in all the areas they need to

Finally, we are in capable hands from sporting & financial sense

Liverpool guzamping Spurs over Diaz shows flexibility and LTP at the same time.
I didn't use it as an example to criticize the board for not buying Diaz (I know we can't buy him atm), but to criticize the lack of LTP, even of the current board.

What is the SD of the club? None.
(Allemany you might say, but Allemany is a big higher in the organization chart, where Gordon is for Liverpool, who have Edwards as SD)
Where is the Data Analytics department to aid the SD area? There isn't
Who identifies transfer targets? the coach, Xavi
(That's literally a 90s model)

What's the LTP of the club atm?
From what i hear it is to renew the youngsters that Koeman easied into the 1st team and buy Haaland.
There is nothing else above that, and to be frank - AS MUCH AS I UTTERLY HATE HIM - Barto's board could have done the same.

There is a clear hole in that area, I hope you are able to see it
Allemany has been stellar for us thus far, but 1 man is not enough to do all the jobs required.
The whole way of delegating responsibilities has to change

khaled_a_d

(Allemany you might say, but Allemany is a big higher in the organization chart, where Gordon is for Liverpool, who have Edwards as SD)
Where is the Data Analytics department to aid the SD area? There isn't
Who identifies transfer targets? the coach, Xavi
(That's literally a 90s model)

There is a clear hole in that area, I hope you are able to see it
Allemany has been stellar for us thus far, but 1 man is not enough to do all the jobs required.
The whole way of delegating responsibilities has to change

Barcelona actually has an analytics department just like every other club.
And Allemany has guys that assist him, there are tons of guys that work behind the scenes in club like Barcelona that we don't know their names.
Heck, most people didn't know about Planas existence till Abidal left.
Jordi had a decent Career as SD too btw, and he is working here

Birdy

Barcelona actually has an analytics department just like every other club.
And Allemany has guys that assist him, there are tons of guys that work behind the scenes in club like Barcelona that we don't know their names.
Heck, most people didn't know about Planas existence till Abidal left.
Jordi had a decent Career as SD too btw, and he is working here

I knew very well Planes and his work in identifying Pedri Araujo.
He has done a good job, and it's a pity he left
There, you can see yourself there is a gap, since no one got hired to replace Planes.
Jordi was around even before, and whatever shit he was doing at the club, he hasn't been an SD, nor he is now

As for the analytics department, I doubt there is one.
Not all big clubs have such departments. UTD, for instance, hired the 1st guy to start their analytics department some months ago
Some clubs are far away in that area (Liverpool), some are just starting or haven't started yet

khaled_a_d

I knew very well Planes and his work in identifying Pedri Araujo.
He has done a good job, and it's a pity he left
There, you can see yourself there is a gap, since no one got hired to replace Planes.
Jordi was around even before, and whatever shit he was doing at the club, he hasn't been an SD, nor he is now

As for the analytics department, I doubt there is one.
Not all big clubs have such departments. UTD, for instance, hired the 1st guy to start their analytics department some months ago
Some clubs are far away in that area (Liverpool), some are just starting or haven't started yet

The club having an analytics departments is an information I am giving you, it is a fact and not an opinion. That has been the case since 2018 at least.
And all clubs now has analytics department and deal with companies who provide them with data.
It isn't something revolutionary at all. It us yesterday thing that everyone does, just some use it better than others like it has been always the case.
And kudos to you for knowing Planas 3 years ago, doesn't mean you will know orhers who are working under Alemany just like you didn't know we have analytics department :boss:

jamrock

Sale complete, would have taken him over ferran every day of the week, but Xavi is showing an unhealthy obsession with Spanish players.

JamDav1982

Sale complete, would have taken him over ferran every day of the week, but Xavi is showing an unhealthy obsession with Spanish players.

Surely that is partly to do with situation and Barca needing immediate results.

Signing players that dont need to adapt to league, language and team mates have played with in Spain will be a big factor when club are desperate for players to fit in and perform now.

They are panicking about not making CL.

Home of Barca Fans