La Liga | Round 22: Alaves - FC Barcelona 0-1

JamDav1982

Surely this means there is going to be a tweak and the full backs will take width higher up the park and not sit back and let wingers go wide and 40 yds from the CF.

That can then allow FDJ to hold back a bit to support Busi and Pedri to support the other front players.

Porque

Didn't Xavi say that Alba was playing through injury midweek?

You think that a player who played for 120 minutes while injured and dropped a 0/10 disasterclass would surely not start 3 days later...but here we are!

He did. But thankfully playing through those 120 minutes actually cured his injury and will allow him to start today.

Catta

Xavi, the type of guy who says “They beat us because of their intensity”, and yet still starts 3 geriatrics next game. Those 3 suck out all the joy I have from watching Barca play.

FCBfan22

I can deal with Pique. At least he performs when his head is at it.

But the Chipmunk crybaby with his useless crosses and no defensive awareness and Sergio "Press me and I'm fucked" Busquets... Man...

JamDav1982

Xavi, the type of guy who says “They beat us because of their intensity”, and yet still starts 3 geriatrics next game. Those 3 suck out all the joy I have from watching Barca play.

While players like FDJ that have the energy and intensity he has been asking to play as AM in between lines and get into box.

'Positional' players not set up to allow any real freedom to go and make things happen in game and use that energy.

Hopefully approach has changed tonight.

Want to see... Full backs overlapping, FDJ freedom to drop and help Busi/carry ball and two wide players closer to the CF.

Barcilliant

Holy fuck, don't know how people support Xavi? As bad as Koeman was there actually was a period when we played attractive, winning football.
Xavi is almost a bad version of Mourinho and Koeman put together.

Valdario

and people want haaland to join this dysfunctional team, man we're so far off of what we used to be i'm in tears

Home of Barca Fans