2022 Ballon d'Or

CatalinR10

Rumored Ballon Dor ranking is out.

Most of them are okay, i guess, but Mane in 2nd? Courtois all the way down in 10th?
I'm not so sure Vinicius deserves 3rd either btw, feels generous.

Lets see if this really is the list.

don't think there was ever a case when these supposed leaked rankings were true after the ceremony.

Total-Football

Cannot speak about before 1998 as I don't remember the whole scene of football at the time, but since 1998 to now benzema is the most underwhelming winner since shevshenko. If u look at the list from 1998 until now all the players are really special. (excluding cannavaro because he is a defender). Yes even young Owen was flames.

This is not to discredit benzema he deserves it because he was probably the best but it just reflects the shortage of natural talents.

Ps: sheva was a good player too I don't say otherwise it's just he lacked the je ne sais quoi that benzema lacks and naturally gifted players have.

Last edited:

malvolio

Cannot speak about before 1998 as I don't remember the whole scene of football at the time, but since 1998 to now benzema is the most underwhelming winner since shevshenko. If u look at the list from 1998 until now all the players are really special. (excluding cannavaro because he is a defender). Yes even young Owen was flames.

This is not to discredit benzema he deserves it because he was probably the best but it just reflects the shortage of natural talents.

Ps: sheva was a good player too I don't say otherwise it's just he lacked the je ne sais quoi that benzema lacks and naturally gifted players have.

football has gone to shit, nothing new. very few stars around. full of runners now, hardly any talent on show.

Morten

Nonsense, he dominated UCL in a way rarely seen, clear winner.
Also had a better year individually than Modric did in 2018(no, he didn't carry Croatia) for one, if you want to compare him peak Messi years than you may want to lower your expectations, sorry to say.

Total-Football

U didn't get my point u are now talking about merit which I didn't question. Raul aslo dominated the CL and inzaghi (not saying benzema is similar), but they too lacked the natural x factor that makes u see a ballon dor winner and reminisce about shit he did in the pitch without the need to be a supporter for his team.

Morten

But i don't agree with your point either, as Benzema isn't the most underwhelming Ballon Dor winner since Shevshenko in my view.

But there is a bit of talent shortage compared to the past, that i agree with.

khaled_a_d

But i don't agree with your point either, as Benzema isn't the most underwhelming Ballon Dor winner since Shevshenko in my view.

But there is a bit of talent shortage compared to the past, that i agree with.

I think he is talking about the entertainment/wow factor. The flair/swag part of football.
Zidane, Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Owen, Figo, Nedved, R10, Kaka, Cr7& Messi were all very entertaining players who were enjoyable to watch.
Benzema isn't in same category.
Though, applying such standards I think Modric is more underwhelming

cracken

I think skill wise he's up there with some of the other greats who won it. The issue IMO is that for most football fans, his reputation is a bit tainted for being a "meme footballer" for years. I think people are just unable to accept the player who used to miss open goals on a frequent basis and get booed by his own fans as a deserving Ballon d'Or winner.

Benzema10

Official Lyon representative
Well deserved Ballon d'or for Karim Benzema, the most deserving Ballon d'Or in recent times. Benzema is an elite talent, those who undermining this are either too young or just don't understand football. Benzema is a very special player and i don't even need to say this lol. He was just unlucky to be in the same era of Messi Cristiano also in same team with Cristiano. This is not Benzema's prime, today what you are watching is just a glimpse of what he could have been long ago.

Home of Barca Fans