Abde Ezzalzouli

serghei

It was weird watching him run 100 km/h dribbling and then in defence providing some lazy slow-ass displaced marking. Either he thinks playing in Messi role doesn't demand defensive work or he is convinced Araujo is a defensive god. Too raw, a lot of work ahead with this kid.

Yeah, that's one. And another problem is that he is basically mega-individualistic. It's like, everytime he receives the ball he thinks he has to take on some players and do some tricks.

He's talented, but he has huge weaknesses.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
If you are a good dribbler, that is what you should aim for. Always pressuring the fullback, always driving the ball forward and creating dangerous situations. Obviously it makes no sense to do it close to the own goal and take huge risks but Abde tried his dribblings in the attacking third close to the box. No reason to step off the gas pedal when you can provide so much for your team.
And his defensive contribution was not thaaaat bad. After Dembele came on I missed Abde's defense tbh.

FinBarcelonafan

If you are a good dribbler, that is what you should aim for. Always pressuring the fullback, always driving the ball forward and creating dangerous situations. Obviously it makes no sense to do it close to the own goal and take huge risks but Abde tried his dribblings in the attacking third close to the box. No reason to step off the gas pedal when you can provide so much for your team.
And his defensive contribution was not thaaaat bad. After Dembele came on I missed Abde's defense tbh.

Yeah exactly. He has more toolbox than Dembele.

BBZ8800

Yeah, that's one. And another problem is that he is basically mega-individualistic. It's like, everytime he receives the ball he thinks he has to take on some players and do some tricks.

He's talented, but he has huge weaknesses.

Neymar was the same.

Of course, he was way better, but still.

I used to count during matches when the ball is passed to Neymar.
In 70% of actions, no one from Barca would have seen the ball again.
Neymar would:
1. either lose it
2. dribble and shot
3. get fouled

Imo, it doesn't make sense to take this as a bad thing for this kid while majority of our fans idolized Neymar's individualistic shitshow for years.

serghei

Neymar was the same.

Neymar would:
1. either lose it
2. dribble and shot
3. get fouled

Imo, it doesn't make sense to take this as a bad thing for this kid while majority of our fans idolized Neymar's individualistic shitshow for years.

Yea, but Neymar in 4 years for us performed 2 seasons of very very high quality, and in the other 2 he was still very good. Plus, in 2014-15 he took over the role of a winger-forward and was scoring the big goals rather than showboating.

I think only in last year he was kind of exaggerating with tricks and stuff, by which point MSN and Lucho started to become an unstable mix of styles and personalities.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

Neymar was the same.

Neymar would:
1. either lose it
2. dribble and shot
3. get fouled

Not in 14-15.

Neymar had 7 CL KO goals that season (3 v PSG, 3 v Bayern, 1 v Juve). That's like Messi and CR7's top seasons level.

He was a cutthroat finisher and usually our most advanced player (ran in behind defenses the most).

JamDav1982

Neymar was the same.

Neymar would:
1. either lose it
2. dribble and shot
3. get fouled

Absolute nonsense.

Neymar was the most prolific wide player for Barca in recent times bar Messi for goals/assists. While integral part of best front three of all time due to way they complimented one another.

That doesnt happen if what you claim is remotely true.

Last edited:

Bobo32

He plays a bit like Deulofeu, or Nolito...
He is slightly more succesful than Deulofeu, but he is really extremely simple minded when he starts to dribble with his tunnel vision.

He is good enough in comparison with most of the 'names' that could be bought in the coming windows.

FinBarcelonafan

Not in 14-15.

Neymar had 7 CL KO goals that season (3 v PSG, 3 v Bayern, 1 v Juve). That's like Messi and CR7's top seasons level.

He was a cutthroat finisher and usually our most advanced player (ran in behind defenses the most).

True. This was his prime in a sense of efficiency and then the half a season Messi missed.

He was amazing.

ajnotkeith

To compare Neymar to some random youngster who hasn't even scored a goal yet for Barca because he made a few good dribbles seems like amnesia or delusion lol.

'Even though Neymar was way better' Yes, there is absolutely zero comparison and if Abde becomes half of what Neymar was he is a success.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He is slightly more succesful than Deulofeu, but he is really extremely simple minded when he starts to dribble with his tunnel vision.

He is good enough in comparison with most of the 'names' that could be bought in the coming windows.

For me, more Nolito than Deulofeu - Gerard was great at getting past his marker and was a natural if not prolific goalscorer. I'm not sure we have seen an aggressive dribbler like Abde at Barca before as even Nolito never reached his peak at Barca

He'll get more opportunities and we'll get a chance to see what his potential may ultimately be. He's about to turn 20 years of age so his future looks bright despite needing to improve aspects of his overall game

What I love the most about him is fearlessness, the wide body he has to create space even physically with defenders and he loves to use the full extent of the pitch regularly dribbling into the end line. What sort of goalscorer can he become? We'll see

Porque

This. Nolito and Gerard had a great impact of G/A in the lower levels though. Abde hasn't shown that type of output in his short career. Another one in that mold is Carles Perez.

Related him to Adama on the previous page as an end product is unproven thus far. But has that raw dribble or dribble style of getting the ball, standing still and waiting to choose where to dribble.

How far can do you think he can go?

Gaudi

He doesn't look like typical La Masia boy, tunnel vision often, head down and so on..but, I think this is good for as today. Of course in our prime we would look for top players but currently I think it's good we have players of different mold as I see great talent but also huge similarities in our entire midfield, so having a dribbling winger could be good.

khaled_a_d

Abde is 19 (almost 20) years old player who was having preseason in 4th division team before we bought him.

Unlike a guy like Deulofeu who was a part of strong la masia generation who were doing great in youth set ups and never felt the need to develop his game as he was already dominant.
He came from very low ranking and it is just different world than La Masia world
On one hand he wasn't taught well the fundamentals and it is showing, otoh it may lead him to appreciate what he has and work hard to learn and reach the top.

At worst, he is a guy we got for 2M and he is probably wirth 5 times that amount atm

Home of Barca Fans