Messi Speaks! A Plea To The Haters

Messi983

on field chemistry is not the subject of the discussion.

but you are wrong if you think we are better off if players act like robots and come to play without any connection to each other. friendship outside the pitch worked for messi in general.

ps: was letting go of suarez in the best interest of the club? maybe from a financial point of view. history tells a different story

It might worked for Messi but I'm still not sure if that was the best for Barca as things have turned out in recent years. And I always prefer club's interest/benefit over any invididual player happiness.

Just because we haven't replaced him adequately doesn't mean letting Suarez go wasn't a good decision.* He was becoming too toxic, in most parts because he was so close to Messi and other captains he knew he would play regardless of how he'll perform. He kept talking in public how he knows he's aging and would accept a bench if we'd get a younger player but anyone really believing him accepting a new role without complaining and causing problems to whoever the coach would be is naive. We needed to break that Messi-Suarez walking duo upfront and it was clear who between the two was still more important for the team.

* The same will eventually happen with Pique and Busi. If we'll fail to replace them it won't mean they shouldn't leave whenever that will happen. Hopefully next summer (won't hold my breath though).

Messigician

@LluisMascaro the journalist who interviewed Messi in Paris: ?Messi was hurt by some of his teammates and thinks they did not support him enough. Leo knows that Pique told Laporta that if Messi leaves, nothing will happen.?

I already posted that, are you trying to take my job?

iniestaGOAT

Just let it go Messi and Laporta. Hug it out. Laporta obviously realized later even 50% pay cut wouldnt be enough. The club was in shambles.

Home of Barca Fans