Julian Alvarez

FinBarcelonafan

One good thing about signing someone who is 21 and the price is 25mil, even if he fails we can probably sell him for, 10-15 mil. Not bad loss in transfer value.

These are type of punts we should make every year few and hope they work out imo.

Devils

I pray to Allah that this guy brings something positive and isn't some hyped up Argentine bum like Vietto.

Messi983

He's in Saudi Arabia.

He has really ruined his career by joining Atletico after having a good first season with Villarreal.

vuji_31

Tbh I am also tired of small number 9 striker if our formation will be 4-3-3.

We need players like Lewa,Cavani,Etoo type of striker in terms of physique.

Not players like Lautaro etc.

FinBarcelonafan

Tbh I am also tired of small number 9 striker if our formation will be 4-3-3.

We need players like Lewa,Cavani,Etoo type of striker in terms of physique.

Not players like Lautaro etc.

Lautaro is fairly tough actually. He might not be big but he ain't soft. He can win some headers and doesn't back down from challenges. Decent player. He would be great for this Barca.

Crazy how my opinion of Lautaro had changed lol

Barca used to be better eh

But he is good.

Porque

Out of all the lowcost strikers linked this is my bet to go for.

Even if before I have expressed reservations.

Tbh, if we have the funds we should get Alvarez and Cabral this winter and cover both profiles as both are in the form of their lives. Leave Ferran for Summer when we have a bigger budget and bigger aspirations.

mc_lovin

Tbh, if we have the funds we should get Alvarez and Cabral this winter and cover both profiles as both are in the form of their lives. Leave Ferran for Summer when we have a bigger budget and bigger aspirations.

Cabral looks like a trap. I can't trust players who look terrible even on youtube.

Question here is if it's really worth to pay 20m for a player whose contract expires in 12 months.

If we want him, yes. Someone will pay it, and unless Alvarez badly wants to play for us there's little room for negotiation. At some point River Plate would just keep him for another year.

mc_lovin

He has scored 6.5 times more goals in Europe this season than the whole of the Barcelona squad though :lol:

I mean I see him handle the ball and I get bad Luuk/Braithwaite vibes. He would be perfectly in line with them I feel.

It's really a question where we see ourselves as a club :lol:

Porque

I mean I see him handle the ball and I get bad Luuk/Braithwaite vibes. He would be perfectly in line with them I feel.

It's really a question where we see ourselves as a club :lol:

Absolutely. He scores goals though (at a much lower level to be fair) which Luuk and Braithwaite don't.

It isn't a one season wonder thing either as it has been this way since he come to Europe. And to be honest I would take a Braithwaite that knows how to score every day of the week.

To conclude, I would 80% expect him to flop, but in a normal market and for that 20% chance he doesn't, this is the type of profile and goal count that the club should have always had on the radar for winter market moves. Not KPB, Braithwaite or La Ratita Presumida.

Home of Barca Fans