Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messigician

🚨🚨🚨| BREAKING: Barcelona and Messi are close to reaching an agreement for 2 seasons. The Argentine player wants to return to the Camp Nou in the summer and he has informed PSG that he wants to leave. #fcblive #Transfers

Rassvet

������| BREAKING: Barcelona and Messi are close to reaching an agreement for 2 seasons. The Argentine player wants to return to the Camp Nou in the summer and he has informed PSG that he wants to leave. #fcblive #Transfers

Stunning

Blackened

He is pretty washed-up. Turns 35 next summer. Looking at him in Ligue 1, he looks slow, clumsy and disinterested. His dribbling has become stale and predictable.

Jadentheman

he shouldnt go back to midfield to help them but stay up front and focus on scoring and playing the last pass

I agree. He isn't at Barca anymore. He needs to stop dropping so deep into the midfield at PSG, he's messing up what they are building up there. But leaving him on his little island on the ring wing doesn't appear to be much better either.

Probably best to have him either as a CAM or even a false 9 like role. That way Mbappe and the fullback can pick up the slack he leaves behind.

malvolio

I agree. He isn't at Barca anymore. He needs to stop dropping so deep into the midfield at PSG, he's messing up what they are building up there. But leaving him on his little island on the ring wing doesn't appear to be much better either.

Probably best to have him either as a CAM or even a false 9 like role. That way Mbappe and the fullback can pick up the slack he leaves behind.

They ain't building shit with the likes of Gueye, Danilo or Herrera. Those guys are EL level, not world domination level as PSG aspires to.

When Veratti and Paredes(this one is questionable too) the midfield doesn't create anything.

serghei

He doesn't have the speed and movement to make a difference in the last third, so he drops deep where it's easier to get in possession since the spaces aren't as tight.

His position atm in a 4-3-3 should be winger and he should stick to it and work harder.

But really, his best spot is in an ancient 4-4-1-1. Where he is the 1 behind the 9.

Rassvet

He doesn't have the speed and movement to make a difference in the last third, so he drops deep where it's easier to get in possession since the spaces aren't as tight.

His position atm in a 4-3-3 should be winger and he should stick to it and work harder.

But really, his best spot is in an ancient 4-4-1-1. Where he is the 1 behind the 9.

I think he probably would best fit in a 3421 or 352 with the right personnel. The system Koeman used in early 2021 with better players in some of the positions would have been ideal for him right now.

serghei

I think he probably would best fit in a 3421 or 352 with the right personnel. The system Koeman used in early 2021 with better players in some of the positions would have been ideal for him right now.

I think EV used him best, but Suarez was not giving us enough work rate to make it work in CL.

But this version of Messi is kind of finished, he should go to USA and earn big money there, because he clearly doesn't put in the required work anymore. Not even at the level of 2 years ago, that Messi was a lot better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans