2021 Preseason

khaled_a_d

safety reasons or something? was the match promoting something related to to the israel-palestine situation?

Business wise, Barca has way more interest to avoid playing in Israel due to bad PR in Arabic/Islamic countries. Which are bigger source of money

malvolio

According to one tweet: Bar?a will not play any pre-season friendly games in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem because of pressure from various Palestinian organisations and promoters. [ara]

I imagine there is a normative aspect to it, with Palestine seen as the victims and Israel as the aggressive warmongers in the media. Bad PR from the whole Islamic world too.

lol. so basically we caved in due to threats.

Bobo32

According to one tweet: Bar?a will not play any pre-season friendly games in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem because of pressure from various Palestinian organisations and promoters. [ara]

I imagine there is a normative aspect to it, with Palestine seen as the victims and Israel as the aggressive warmongers in the media. Bad PR from the whole Islamic world too.

lol@in the media - all the mighty palestinian news agencies around the world!

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
lol@in the media - all the mighty palestinian news agencies around the world!

I think you haven't been paying attention. News agencies don't have to be Palestinian in order to criticize Israel. Even American agencies started to condemn the Israeli government, there is a shift going on. In my country, all news agencies were pro-Palestine. I think this is pretty prevalent in the non-western world. The world is finally starting to notice the atrocities of the Israeli state

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Good decision to back out. I think they scheduled the game with Beitar probably because Koeman's brother manages it, without thinking too much. The club needs to be more nimble about things.

Messi983

Friendly against Stuttgart confirmed...

img_jbatalla_20210715-160938_imagenes_md_otras_fuentes_stuttgart-kReB-U410527162573s8H-980x554@MundoDeportivo-Web.png

Messi983

Good decision to back out. I think they scheduled the game with Beitar probably because Koeman's brother manages it, without thinking too much. The club needs to be more nimble about things.

There were first rumours a month ago we'll play against Villarreal in Tel Aviv before that game with Beitar was scheduled. Don't know if we really planed to play Villarreal and they've backed out or if those reports were just not true. Villarreal is now going to England and will play Wolves there on August 4th.

Where is our training camp for the pre-season going to be at? Or no remote training camp at all?

It was just confirmed by the club they'll be in Germany for a week (July 28 - August 2).

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
te amo barca;[URL="tel:2354687" said:
2354687[/URL]]Learn to read man. My post did not imply I denied apartheid in Israel

Calma te, it was for the post you quoted whom I have on ignore

Joan

Pretty dumb from Barca. Why even schedule the match if you won't go through with it? It's not like the situation has changed.

Andresito

Staff member
A reduced amount of tickets are available for the first two games against Gimnastic and Girona at Estadi Johan Cruyff.
Cheapest ones are at 24 Euros. Seems a bit high for a friendly with close to no stars available, but I guess money is needed in these times.

Hope it fully opens up when the season starts. Doubtful with Spain's stats though.

Home of Barca Fans