2021 Preseason

Redbuck

Koeman has this terrible managerial habit of seeing a player a few times, fixating on them in a good or bad way and then either never gives them a proper chance again or has absolute faith in them. I have never been the biggest fan of Collado but it's very unfair after 3 good seasons in the subsidiary, he doesn't even get a preseason to show what he can do. Neither Manaj who scored 4 goals in 90mins.

Have you ever heard of a man called Ernesto Valverde Tejedor ?

Bobo32

I actually prefer Gavi movement and positioning to receive the ball to Pedri's.

I also prefer Demir's game to Trincao.

So two positives with those two joining the ranks.

Nico has been good, just lowkey compared to the rest of the youth players. Which at his position is a good sign really if you don't notice him much.

Me too.
Can we hope for Pedri in a LW role again, or a Pedri-Gavi partnership in the coming years? That sort of movement is needed, but I don't know if Koeman thinks so.

ajnotkeith

Griezmann and Depay available = Griezmann and Depay plays.

Be glad that Pedri and Messi hasn't been available, or we wouldn't have seen Demir nor Gavi (maybe only 5 minutes)

Any manager who plays Barca's strongest XI in a friendly against a weaker team is dumb. It's pre-season, we know Griezmann and Depay will play a part next season, at least sub them off at 60 to let the youth show themselves, that's the point of preseason, to see if fringe players could make it into your plans/test different things.

Porque

It's only Stuttgart, but Depay is giving good vibes that he can efficiently play AML in our 433.

Certainly more comfortable there compared to Coutinho for example.

Bobo32

Nils and Rey - what can they do? They replace the players in this squad which I like the least...

Bobo32

Any manager who plays Barca's strongest XI in a friendly against a weaker team is dumb. It's pre-season, we know Griezmann and Depay will play a part next season, at least sub them off at 60 to let the youth show themselves, that's the point of preseason, to see if fringe players could make it into your plans/test different things.

I am not going to argue there...
Rey should've scored there...

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Demir getting the whole game is great to see. His link-up play is light years ahead of that of Dembele. I am apprehensive about his pace though, looks a step too slow to play at RW.

Home of Barca Fans