Euro 2020 (2021)

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Trippier is probably the best RWB of them all. He's very mature and experienced and has a great delivery. I would be very surprised if someone like TAA, who can't defend, got into the squad ahead of Trippier.

:lol:

Trippier can't fucking lace TAA boots boi. Can't even fucking lace them.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
But TAA's defending has improved massively his concentration and reading of the game has improved immensely.

But not even considering that TAA is on the conjectory - and that is the important word conjectory - to be as immense a right back as Cafu and Alves. Offensively there is no better RB in world football and that is a fucking fact.

El Gato

Villarato!
No it's because TAA, Walker and James are superior RBs in every single way. Even AWB.

So when Trippier does get selected which he will it will be hilarious.

I mean.. no they are not.

Depth at RB is insane, but if anyone should get the call here it?s Trent and Trippier. Walker is a cockwomble of a player you can?t trust.

Hyping Trent to ends of earth doesn’t do any favours either. On form Carvajal pretty much matches him in most departments relevant to an attacking RB bar that long cross.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
But TAA's defending has improved massively his concentration and reading of the game has improved immensely.

But not even considering that TAA is on the conjectory - and that is the important word conjectory - to be as immense a right back as Cafu and Alves. Offensively there is no better RB in world football and that is a fucking fact.

It's far from being a fact. I think Cancelo is easily a more complete player than TAA is. Both are suspect defensively, but Cancelo has more to his game compared to TAA's fixation on brilliant crosses and switches. He is a number 10 playing at RB/LB, much like Alves.

Last edited:

Farripas

Last night the Portugal squad was announced and, while i'm not one to be overly optimistic and tend to be cautious, less than the semi-finals is a disappointment. And not because we're the defending champions, but because we have one hell of a team.

Patricio, Ruben Dias, Cancelo, Palhinha, Ruben Neves, Bruno Fernandes, Bernardo Silva, Jota, Andre Silva, Ronaldo.

The weaker player are Pepe and Jose Fonte, 2 of the 3 CB we're taking. And i'd argue they're still good players.

I'm really optimistic this time around. Absolutely LOVE the squad.

serghei

Last night the Portugal squad was announced and, while i'm not one to be overly optimistic and tend to be cautious, less than the semi-finals is a disappointment. And not because we're the defending champions, but because we have one hell of a team.

Patricio, Ruben Dias, Cancelo, Palhinha, Ruben Neves, Bruno Fernandes, Bernardo Silva, Jota, Andre Silva, Ronaldo.

The weaker player are Pepe and Jose Fonte, 2 of the 3 CB we're taking. And i'd argue they're still good players.

No Andre Gomes? Bust then.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

I think the depth in central midfield is mediocre. Danilo, Carvalho, Neves, Moutinho all have had average or bad seasons.

Farripas

I think the depth in central midfield is mediocre. Danilo, Carvalho, Neves, Moutinho all have had average or bad seasons.

Well, i disagree. Probably right about the season they had, but they're still good players and this is a different competition with different teamates. ANd Palhinha was awesome for Sporting, and Bruno for United well... We all know how that went.

And "mediocre" is completely the wrong word, in my opinion.

Sorin

Portugal should be favorites with that squad and like [MENTION=29844]Farripas[/MENTION] says, anything less than a semi final would be a failure imo. Together with France they have the deepest team and are absolutely stacked from the mid up. Compared with the 2016 team it's not even close.

Same with France, though it should be interesting to see if the motivation is still the same after winning the world cup.

The rest are a level below.

Farripas

I see Germany and France stronger than us. Spain on same level. Anyways, it wont be easy guys. Lets hope for Portugal ! :cheers:

It won't. And despite 2016, we tend to cave under pressure. Let's see if that changes. And we play an awful football, despite winning in 2016. Fernando Santos can get the results, but not the level of play.

Sorin

Germany is probably the 6th best team at this tournament. North Macedonia just beat them 2 months ago and they were quite shite against Romania who are relying on fucking Chiriches in defense. Their defense is likes Swiss cheese.

Would be surprised if they reach the quarters, the squad is seriously unimpressive.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Germany is probably the 6th best team at this tournament. North Macedonia just beat them 2 months ago and they were quite shite against Romania who are relying on fucking Chiriches in defense. Their defense is likes Swiss cheese.

Would be surprised if they reach the quarters, the squad is seriously unimpressive.

Youre joking right? Neuer, Havertz, Werner, Kroos, Mueller, Sane, Gundogan, Kimmich, Gnabry, Gorertzka, Gosens are unimpressive for you ? :lol:

Home of Barca Fans