European Super League

messi2140

6racies Xavi
That source can count and knows that teams cant field their A team 60 games a season at least.

Players are already playing almost 60 games and they would be playing 60 games anyway with the new CL format. You are all over the place.

Yannik

Never said it would be...but teams already in league play rotated teams for variety of reasons. Nothing new.

So its already an issue and now there are 10-12 more games that need to be rotated. And unless you are within a few points off the league top halfway through the season, you will borrow these off your league games and play your B-squad there.

Bulgroz

Some dude on twitter posted a list of France NT without the Super League players:

Maignan, Mandanda, Areola

Dubois, Clauss, Kounde, Kamara, Fofana, Kimpembe, Digne, Truffert

Aouar, Veretout, Nzonzi, Caqueret, Tchouameni, Camavinga

Mbappe, Gouiri, Ben Yedder, Diaby, Fekir, Thuram

Of course, if PSG joins you have to replace Kimpembe and Mbappe (probably by Konate and Edouard for example). The starting 11 could be: Maignan (Lille) - Dubois (OL) ; Kounde (Sevilla) ; Fofana (Leicester) ; Digne (Everton) - Tchouameni (Monaco) ; Camavinga (Rennes); Aouar (Lyon) - Gouiri (Nice); Ben Yedder (Monaco); Fekir (Betis).

I'd say France would still probably be among the favorites, considering how worse the situation would be for a lot of other major NT. But, yeah, a lot of major players would just disappear from the tournament. I don't really see that happening. Could be fun though.

Devils

Ceferin (UEFA President) on Agnelli (ESL Vice-Chairman): "I have never seen a person lie so many times and as persistently as he did. I spoke with him on Saturday afternoon and he said it is all lies. Greed allows all human values to evaporate."

Sheesh!

JamDav1982

So its already an issue and now there are 10-12 more games that need to be rotated. And unless you are within a few points off the league top halfway through the season, you will borrow these off your league games and play your B-squad there.

Likes of City have won league rotating all season. That is way it will go for top teams.

Idea of some distinct B team being used wont happen.

SmilerBam

BBC Sport polling from November 2020 showed highest level of support for Super League among younger fans

https://twitter.com/SavantaComRes/status/1384043636652871686

EzUbfErUYAUOGse

I ll never support this shit and i m 32.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Which player played 60 games?

Frenkie De Jong will be sitting at 52 games at the end of the season and thats excluding the International games. So yh there are already players who almost played 60 games.

Edit : just looked it up including the International games he will be sitting at 65 games at the end of the season. And thats with him not even playing the QF and SF of the CL.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
People who favor the ESL say, oh, do you know how unfair and corrupt the current format of CL is? Did you realize money is already running football? You are a hypocrite if you are against the ESL.

Just because something is bad it is not hypocritical to not want it to be worse.

Just because today?s football is mostly about money already it is not OK to make it completely about money.

Just because FIFA and UEFA are corrupt it doesn?t make it natural to push something that is more corrupt than them.

Money aside, the concept of ESL kills the spirit of football and competition with no relegation of any of the founding clubs and 5 remaining spots filled with clubs purely on the terms and whims of the 15 founding clubs. Monopoly.

FC433

That's fair, I am personally against it for the lack of sporting merit involved in qualification.
Totally agree with this point, and I think it is fair. I also agree with [MENTION=6099]JamDav1982[/MENTION] when they said that:
Would be same as CL. The smaller sides are looking to qualify for profile and cash not belief they will win it or go far.

This way those smaller teams get more games even if less likely to qualify.

I do think the current CL could be reformatted to be more competitive especially at Group Stage as it's a foregone conclusion until February but this exclusive Super League isn't the answer for me.
I agree.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Some dude on twitter posted a list of France NT without the Super League players:

Maignan, Mandanda, Areola

Dubois, Clauss, Kounde, Kamara, Fofana, Kimpembe, Digne, Truffert

Aouar, Veretout, Nzonzi, Caqueret, Tchouameni, Camavinga

Mbappe, Gouiri, Ben Yedder, Diaby, Fekir, Thuram

Of course, if PSG joins you have to replace Kimpembe and Mbappe (probably by Konate and Edouard for example). The starting 11 could be: Maignan (Lille) - Dubois (OL) ; Kounde (Sevilla) ; Fofana (Leicester) ; Digne (Everton) - Tchouameni (Monaco) ; Camavinga (Rennes); Aouar (Lyon) - Gouiri (Nice); Ben Yedder (Monaco); Fekir (Betis).

I'd say France would still probably be among the favorites, considering how worse the situation would be for a lot of other major NT. But, yeah, a lot of major players would just disappear from the tournament. I don't really see that happening. Could be fun though.

Off topic: Let's assume this thing goes through , do you think that it will give Mbappe more incentive to stay ?

malvolio

I ll never support this shit and i m 32.

most likely it is the 30-34 people that are unhappy in the 18-34 category.

let's face it, future is all about what young people want. and the clubs know this.

surprised rakuten isn't involved. or maybe they support us in all this as streaming football on-demand will be all the rage in the future.

Yannik

Frenkie De Jong will be sitting at 52 games at the end of the season and thats excluding the International games. So yh there are already players who almost played 60 games.

So thats almost 10 games off what he would have to play just for club comps.

Home of Barca Fans