La Liga Proposes League Suspension.

Andresito

Staff member
What happens when the suspension is lifted? Do the players then play a backlog of games in a short space of time?

Serie A apparently proposed three options:

No winner: “Without any order of priority, an option would be not assigning the Scudetto and consequently informing UEFA of the teams qualified for Europe."
Currrent leader: “Another would be referring to the table as it stands up until the moment the season was interrupted."
Play-offs: “A third and final hypothesis would be to organise play-offs for the title of champion of Italy and play-offs to decide relegation into Serie B.”

BBZ8800

Serie A apparently proposed three options:

No winner: “Without any order of priority, an option would be not assigning the Scudetto and consequently informing UEFA of the teams qualified for Europe."
Currrent leader: “Another would be referring to the table as it stands up until the moment the season was interrupted."
Play-offs: “A third and final hypothesis would be to organise play-offs for the title of champion of Italy and play-offs to decide relegation into Serie B.”

The same will happen in Spain.
I guess that we will see 0 or 1 more rounds.

So, we need to win the next match at all costs.
There is a high chance that a champion will be a team who will be on top today or after the next round.

About Barca:Napoli, imo, CL will be cancelled till then.

JPM85

I can only see positives for us about all of this. We are a shit state, half injured players, Suarez / Dembele out. Would be good to rest our old squad for a month.

eaman

If matches even behind closed doors are not allowed then that means the government will have to ban people from going to work or even outside their front gardens to make any sense of it

El Gato

Villarato!
If matches even behind closed doors are not allowed then that means the government will have to ban people from going to work or even outside their front gardens to make any sense of it

Which could well happen if the rate of new confirmed cases isn't curbed. It wouldn't surprise anybody. In Wuhan it took a month until the official shutdown of all non-essential services.

Messigician

Tebes do not suspend anything! I don't care if other boring leagues are suspended but don't touch LaLiga. Just play it behind closed doors until this overblown crisis is done with

Richard.H

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Can someone infect this lad with the Coronavirus already?

giphy.gif

BBZ8800

I do not think we should so lightly abandon the league and champions league.

On Saturday afternoon I made a first post and a first question on Barcaforum regarding Coronavirus and possible problems in the future.
I am sure that in that moment probably a lot of fans thought: wtf is he talking about?

5 days later, there is a chaos all over Europe and number of infected per day is multiplying by 2-fold each 2 days.

In 5 days, probably EVERYTHING will be cancelled in Europe and we will have 100 000 infected.
If it will continue in upcoming days and if we won't lockdown cities and introduce other drastic measuers, in 10-15 days, we will have 500 000 infected in Europe.

And then, is it easier to stop the disease when you have 10, 50 or 100 infected in your country?
And even if you have 5000?
Than trying to stop it when you have 100 000 infected?

But countries are slow due to money.
In my country, all you can hear is: we will lose a lot of money and tourists won't come to holidays during the summer.
And: we are already in financial problems, we can't close the country.
If you die, you surely won't need fucking turists.

Countries will lose money either way:
1. if they close down everything RIGHT AWAY=less people will die and we will lose a certain amount of money
2. if they will wait for too long, in each country 1000-100 000 people will die, plus we will again have to cancel everything and we will still lose money

There is no happy ending.
The question is only=how long are they willing to wait?

They should take lessons from China, Korea, Taiwan and Singapore.
They are GOATs in preventing diseases compared to Europe and Usa who are totally unprepared and reactive in reactions.

** I ma reading now news: my NT coach is mad because some European clubs don't want to let their players travel to a friendly tournament in Quater next Month.
Lol, idiots.
There won't be football next Month, there won't be a tournament in Quatar.
And there won't be Euros this summer.
Who cares about football?

Last edited:

FCBfan22

On Saturday afternoon I made a first post and a first question on Barcaforum regarding Coronavirus and possible problems in the future.
I am sure that in that moment probably a lot of fans thought: wtf is he talking about?

5 days later, there is a chaos all over Europe and number of infected per day is multiplying by 2-fold each 2 days.

In 5 days, probably EVERYTHING will be cancelled in Europe and we will have 100 000 infected.
If it will continue in upcoming days and if we won't lockdown cities and introduce other drastic measuers, in 10-15 days, we will have 500 000 infected in Europe.

And then, is it easier to stop the disease when you have 10, 50 or 100 infected in your country?
And even if you have 5000?
Than trying to stop it when you have 100 000 infected?

But countries are slow due to money.
In my country, all you can hear is: we will lose a lot of money and tourists won't come to holidays during the summer.
And: we are already in financial problems, we can't close the country.
If you die, you surely won't need fucking turists.

Countries will lose money either way:
1. if they close down everything RIGHT AWAY=less people will die and we will lose a certain amount of money
2. if they will wait for too long, in each country 1000-100 000 people will die, plus we will again have to cancel everything and we will still lose money

There is no happy ending.
The question is only=how long are they willing to wait?

They should take lessons from China, Korea, Taiwan and Singapore.
They are GOATs in preventing diseases compared to Europe and Usa who are totally unprepared and reactive in reactions.

** I ma reading now news: my NT coach is mad because some European clubs don't want to let their players travel to a friendly tournament in Quater next Month.
Lol, idiots.
There won't be football next Month, there won't be a tournament in Quatar.
And there won't be Euros this summer.
Who cares about football?

We will see the severity of situation in 10 days or so... Countries started to take the thing seriously 5 days ago, so we need to wait 1 incubation period (12 days), to see if they were sucessful. Next week the severity of the situation will show. As I said in the COV topic, Italy was some kind of perfect storm. We can't do anything at this point but wait and see.

Home of Barca Fans