Martin Braithwaite

feggydinho

Why do people feel like benching Braithwaite or putting him in the stands would make any difference to him, he didn't play any La Liga game since January when he was fit so he clearly doesn't care about game time here. The only way I see him leaving is with a loan, and we'll probably pay part of his wage there

serghei

Moral of the story: don't sign average players from relegation level teams for good money, with top wage and long contract. :lol:

If I was Braithwaite, I also wouldn't go and play for some Mogadishu Pirates or some shit like that when I could be relaxing in Barcelona sun.

He doesn't have ambition, but he has a better thing than that which is a very nice contract courtesy of Barto the rat.

He has no real incentives to leave from a business perspective, but I do hope he is kept in the stands and misses the World Cup as a result.

Last edited:

soul24rage

Why do people feel like benching Braithwaite or putting him in the stands would make any difference to him, he didn't play any La Liga game since January when he was fit so he clearly doesn't care about game time here. The only way I see him leaving is with a loan, and we'll probably pay part of his wage there

Not sure he would like to go to the WC without playing a game since Jan.

Porque

Not sure he would like to go to the WC without playing a game since Jan.

Probably arrogant enough to think that he is good enough to go without playing.

Braithwaite case is bad, but Umtiti is worse. Didn't get operated on his terms. Fair enough, his body. But then as a direct result of this has been crocked since 2018, has refused to go on loan for 3 seasons and doesn't have the level for this club. Big wages, finished and stuck leeching here.

Just disappointing to have players like this without the ability for simple termination. If you don't play for a whole season, don't have major injuries and refuse to go out on loan, then clubs should have a unilateral option for termination with little/no compensation. Or atleast we should work this into the contracts if it is legal.

feggydinho

Probably arrogant enough to think that he is good enough to go without playing.

Braithwaite case is bad, but Umtiti is worse. Didn't get operated on his terms. Fair enough, his body. But then as a direct result of this has been crocked since 2018, has refused to go on loan for 3 seasons and doesn't have the level for this club. Big wages, finished and stuck leeching here.

Just disappointing to have players like this without the ability for simple termination. If you don't play for a whole season, don't have major injuries and refuse to go out on loan, then clubs should have a unilateral option for termination with little/no compensation. Or atleast we should work this into the contracts if it is legal.

Did Umtiti refuse a loan or a transfer? Termination of a contract if the player doesn't play a whole season doesn't protect the player, you've got to look at it both ways. If the player was available and wasn't fielded, then it's not their fault.

Porque

Did Umtiti refuse a loan or a transfer? Termination of a contract if the player doesn't play a whole season doesn't protect the player, you've got to look at it both ways. If the player was available and wasn't fielded, then it's not their fault.

Multiple times according to the Catalan rags, "feels he is back to his best and ready to prove himself", "doesn't want to move to a team outside the CL", "Rejected a move to Benfica". Whether or not it is true, the fact remains that he has not left.

I'm not sure about the legality of a unilateral termination clause. Would have to be structured in a way that in a sporting context is proof of not at a satisfactory level to perform. For example what if it is solely based off of league performance and can be unilaterally activated by either player or club if the player does not complete 5% of the compulsory league minutes.

That's just 170 minutes in a league season. So last season
Riqui Puig - 471 minutes
Braithwaite - 236 minutes
Umtiti - 90 minutes

From that bunch only Umtiti could be terminated.

Clearly you got to be a disaster to not get 170 minutes over a whole league season. And obviously this would not apply to GKs. But atleast it would give a little semblance of power to the club who have sub-level players who refuse to leave.

ajnotkeith

Multiple times according to the Catalan rags, "feels he is back to his best and ready to prove himself", "doesn't want to move to a team outside the CL", "Rejected a move to Benfica". Whether or not it is true, the fact remains that he has not left.

I'm not sure about the legality of a unilateral termination clause. Would have to be structured in a way that in a sporting context is proof of not at a satisfactory level to perform. For example what if it is solely based off of league performance and can be unilaterally activated by either player or club if the player does not complete 5% of the compulsory league minutes.

That's just 170 minutes in a league season. So last season
Riqui Puig - 471 minutes
Braithwaite - 236 minutes
Umtiti - 90 minutes

From that bunch only Umtiti could be terminated.

Clearly you got to be a disaster to not get 170 minutes over a whole league season. And obviously this would not apply to GKs. But atleast it would give a little semblance of power to the club who have sub-level players who refuse to leave.

I genuinely think no team wants him.

We saw what happened with Rennes. They were all for it and as soon as they learned about his physical condition they were like hell no and ran away. And their coach knows him well and spoke very highly of him, when they saw their medical reports they wouldn't even take him for free. That tells you something.

His injury was catastrophic and his physical condition is unfixable. All the other teams are seeing this especially a serious CL club like Benfica let alone Rennes.

If he had interest it's likely from 2nd division or relegation 1st division teams that can't come close to paying his wages.

Joan

This guy has fans too?

Just because some idiot gave him a ridiculous contract and he's legally guaranteed to be paid doesn't mean the fans have to like it and give poor Martin peace while he enjoys his paid Barcelona vacation.

Boo him in the streets, boo him on the beach, boo him in front of his house. Shame they won't have a chance to boo him on the field.

Home of Barca Fans