Trincao (on loan)

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Same Malcom who's struggling to start for Zenit and has done nothing with his career after leaving Barca?

Sure.

He's not struggling to start, he is a starter when fit. He had a string of lengthy injuries lately. But he's kinda shit for them, true. Usually one of the first players to be subbed off on the 60th-70th minute.

jairzinho

Same Malcom who's struggling to start for Zenit and has done nothing with his career after leaving Barca?

Sure.

Malcolm at least provided something when he was here with the few minutes he got. Trincao?. Dude has been between shit to average with the game time he's had. I've been rooting for him to do well but he's been a big fail so far. Maybe with more game time he'll get some confidence, we'll see.

CatalinR10

Sure.

he was sent to a team he doesn't want to be at , no wonder he doesn't score right and left.

he deserved another season , especially since he's a winger and a decent one at that.

malvolio

looking back at the young 'talents' we sold, coaches were always right about their level. valverde being proved right about malcom.

riqui puig might be in the same boat as bojan or deulofeu. same as trincao maybe not being all that.

Joan

he was sent to a team he doesn't want to be at , no wonder he doesn't score right and left.

he deserved another season , especially since he's a winger and a decent one at that.

:lol: he's utter shite because he doesn't feel like playing in Petersburg?

Could be the lamest excuse I've heard.

The boy should grow a pair..

FinBarcelonafan

Both.

He's been good so far, just lacks end product which will come sooner or later.

Is there any real statistics that players improve their goal scoring the older they get? I assume in general players(esp. strikers) peak very early age in terms of goal scoring.

Joan

Malcolm at least provided something when he was here with the few minutes he got. Trincao?. Dude has been between shit to average with the game time he's had. I've been rooting for him to do well but he's been a big fail so far. Maybe with more game time he'll get some confidence, we'll see.

I'm not that confident about Trincao either, but don't think he's been as bad as people say. But see no point in bringing up a player who was far from being great here and whose career has gone downwards since leaving.

fergus90

Both.

He's been good so far, just lacks end product which will come sooner or later.

I'm not sure I'd agree that he's been good but of course, he needs time to develop. I'll trust your judgement on this though as you were banging the drum about Pedri and that kid turned out unbelievable.

serghei

Malcom was a solid squad player that had a very high contribution for the little amount he played.

So, he played very little and he has:

- superb goal vs Inter away in CL (as many as Suarez in the last 5 years, don't forget that), with 15 mins played
- another great goal in Clasico (check the list of players who scored in Clasicos, usually a sign of quality when you score a great goal in such a pressure-tight match)
- goal with a nice header from a cross + assist vs Villareal away, in one of the few starts in an important game
- assist vs Espanyol at home (only a late 2-0 win)
- changed the game vs Atletico when he entered at 0-0 and did a lot of damage on that flank
- changed the Cup final game vs Valencia, when also his side was the most effective after he was brought in (guess who made that top cross from which the goal was scored).

For a player that was counted on mostly when others were injured, it's pretty impressive how much of an impact he had vs very tough opponents.

Was easily good enough for a solid squad option. And also, let's not pretend like he wasn't a top talent from Ligue 1 that scored impressive goals in that league regularly.

Last edited:

CatalinR10

:lol: he's utter shite because he doesn't feel like playing in Petersburg?

Could be the lamest excuse I've heard.

The boy should grow a pair..

he provided good performances for the time he played for us and he was treated like shit especially after the games against Inter and Real Madrid.

football players lose morale and confidence when they're at the top level and get sold wrongfully to a team they don't want to be at in the first place.

soul24rage

Malcom was a solid squad player that had a very high contribution for the little amount he played.

So, he played very little and he has:

- superb goal vs Inter away in CL (as many as Suarez in the last 5 years, don't forget that), with 15 mins played
- another great goal in Clasico (check the list of players who scored in Clasicos, usually a sign of quality when you score a great goal in such a pressure-tight match)
- goal with a nice header from a cross + assist vs Villareal away, in one of the few starts in an important game
- assist vs Espanyol at home (only a late 2-0 win)
- changed the game vs Atletico when he entered at 0-0 and did a lot of damage on that flank
- changed the Cup final game vs Valencia, when also his side was the most effective after he was brought in (guess who made that top cross from which the goal was scored).

For a player that was counted on mostly when others were injured, it's pretty impressive how much of an impact he had vs very tough opponents.

Was easily good enough for a solid squad option. And also, let's not pretend like he wasn't a top talent from Ligue 1 that scored impressive goals in that league regularly.

I agree. The problem for Malcom was that he came at the wrong time for him personally.

If he came this summer, he would be starting more games than he did in 18/19 imo.

Home of Barca Fans