7 - Ferran Torres

Sooke

Looks lost at CF

At some points of the games, Ferran is moving to the right flank, which is his natural position, but as we all have seen, there is zero effect of that. I have the feeling that he is just another Griezmann. He does not know how to play with his teammates, therefor, he is useless to me.

ajnotkeith

It is very clear he doesn't interpret CF as a position properly. He doesn't get the movements and is really weak and easy to shrug off so defenders bully him. Every time he plays there is totally invisible.

From the wing he can move more and engage less with defenders so won't get pushed around and can escape his marker easier so he should play there.

mc_lovin

He's not the right fit for Adama or Memphis in the center. That's my lesson from this game.

But he should definitely play on the wings anyway. He's much better there. Same applies to Fati as well I guess, they both thrive off wing play (passing movements with the FB, cutting inside).

FinBarcelonafan

He's not the right fit for Adama or Memphis in the center. That's my lesson from this game.

But he should definitely play on the wings anyway. He's much better there. Same applies to Fati as well I guess, they both thrive off wing play (passing movements with the FB, cutting inside).

Yep. Striker needs a bit of muscle.

Fati/Torres ain't good for that.

behindbrowneyes

Always thought Pedro was the best comparison for him. Watching Ferran the first two months or so now, something about him reminds me of the younger Thomas Mueller, who wasn't elite at anything a winger should have either but somehow always was standing right when ball was entering dangerous spots on the pitch. That's the reason they call him the "Raumdeuter".

Morten

Always thought Pedro was the best comparison for him. Watching Ferran the first two months or so now, something about him reminds me of the younger Thomas Mueller, who wasn't elite at anything a winger should have either but somehow always was standing right when ball was entering dangerous spots on the pitch. That's the reason they call him the "Raumdeuter".

Its very cool, actually.

serghei

Not a bad shout, but Muller slams them in, not over. And is stronger on his feet.

JohnN

This looked like an experiment from Xavi to be honest. Our best eleven in terms of balance is with feran on the Left, auba centraly and Adama on the right. I still maintain dembele on the left could also work but he has to be more consistent than what he showed, which is a real issue.

Home of Barca Fans