Quique Setien

BBZ8800

we never had an embarrassment like that before Rome and Anfield in our history.

Are you 9 or what?

Cruijff lost 4:0 against Milan in a final of 1994 when all neutral media from all over the world were saying that we were 99:1% favorites.
Players thought that we already won and they were 11 ghosts on a field for 90 minutes.
Cruijff lost to Cska Moscow in 1993 as a CL champion in 1/8 at Camp Nou.

Van Gaal lost 0:7 over two matches to Dinamo Kiev in 1997/98.
Barca got Kod 3 times in a group stage in late 90s and early 00s.

But a nice read from you, thanks.

Last edited:

FC433

A bit disappointed.

- Rakitic Busquets Vidal should never play together. I understand that it could be a bit too early to start Puig, but he could have played Roberto.
- Roberto as a RCB + RB? I am sorry, but why? Semedo is not good enough? you have got Wague. We cannot afford to play 3 at the back when we only have 3 CBs.
- Fati is a LW/ CF not a RW. Is Griezmann not comfortable playing on the other side? Fine, Perez should have started then!

This is going to be my last critical post here and I will not post unless I have something positive.

I just do not understand why would any manager not utilize his players' strengths. Roberto is very good at both attacking and crossing, why was he instructed to stay back?

One thing we need to understand is that modern football relies heavily on wide players both fullbacks and wingers (Madrid, Liverpool and City for example) and also on crossing the ball. We need wide players to suffocate defensive teams and when QS instructing one of our fullbacks to stay back at the Camp Nou is worrying.

Last edited:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
The midfield he fielded clearly wasn't working especially Rakitic and that shouldn't come as a surprise. Just hope doesn't repeat the same mistake and goes with that trash midfield again.

Would have also liked to see him sub off Raktic earlier aswell and not wait until the 70th minute.

Last edited:

Rory

De jong was suspended and Arthur just back from big injury... what do you all expect the midfield to be???

SeloBarca

Good game for me, wanted to see a better passing game and i got just that.
Promising for the future.
Just gotta get better players than Rakitic and Vidal that cant cope with it.

mc_lovin

We would have never closed a game with Puig-Busquets-Arthur under Valverde.

Not a great, or even good, game, but hopefully Setien draws the right conclusions. Especially regarding our forward line.

Devils

GOATien

Incredible debut game.

Fast passing and incredible movement on and off the ball.

Still need to get back Dembouz, FDJ, Arthur (back to full fitness) and work-around the #9 situation.

We move.

George_Costanza

riqui-puig-fc-barcelona-1572902704-27161.jpg

Home of Barca Fans