Quique Setien

Messigician

Some of you literally posted 10 000 shitty posts 24/7 with:
1. Anyone would be better than Valverde
2. Not a single player has improved under EV
3. Player XX would fly under a proper coach not named EV
4. EV didn't win La Ligas, Messi did. ANY manager could do the same with Messi.
5. We have an amazing squad.

You are tired of posts about defending EV?
Do you think that it was fun to read 100s of nonsense posts daily for 2 years where EV was guilty for player's limitations, inability to run, a lack of a fighting spirit etc.

I personally wouldn't post these things if there weren't so many shit thrown around.
I mean, a topic was called Retardo.

As George Costanza said, every action has a reaction.
If we had to read 20 000 posts how EV was guilty for everything, OF COURSE that you will get back 20 000 posts with: I told you so, anyone would be better than Valverde, we have an amazing squad etc.

I mean, when I say that Arthur is shit, and when he plays a good game, I get at least 10 notifications with people calling my name, trolling me and saying I told you so.

That is a common practice here.
Why should we stop doing that if nonsense from the last two years prove to be wrong, esecially: if some players will be shit even under a new coach, if we still won't move, if we will still get outran etc.
And those things are imo 90% probable to happen quite soon.

You guys can't just throw shit, nonsense and exaggerration when it fits you.

When my theories are wrong, feel free to troll me.
But it works both ways.

So, in short: no, EV topic and EV comparisons isn't over and will stay here for a looong time.

Could not agree more BBZ

Rory

Squad quality is maybe slightly more favourable for Setien's start but by such a small margin. Valverde had prime Umtiti who was arguably top 3 cb that year. Pique, Busquets, Rakitic, Suarez, Messi, Alba all 2.5 years younger. We had Paco Alcacer as some sort of challenge to the number 9 position. Digne is better than Firpo.

Frenkie, Arthur, Lenglet and Griezmann are steps forward from Valverde's squad quality wise. Can't ignore the older players being 2.5 years younger though can we?

gasgas

Some of you literally posted 10 000 shitty posts 24/7 with:
1. Anyone would be better than Valverde
2. Not a single player has improved under EV
3. Player XX would fly under a proper coach not named EV
4. EV didn't win La Ligas, Messi did. ANY manager could do the same with Messi.
5. We have an amazing squad.

You are tired of posts about defending EV?
Do you think that it was fun to read 100s of nonsense posts daily for 2 years where EV was guilty for player's limitations, inability to run, a lack of a fighting spirit etc.

I personally wouldn't post these things if there weren't so many shit thrown around.
I mean, a topic was called Retardo.

As George Costanza said, every action has a reaction.
If we had to read 20 000 posts how EV was guilty for everything, OF COURSE that you will get back 20 000 posts with: I told you so, anyone would be better than Valverde, we have an amazing squad etc.

I mean, when I say that Arthur is shit, and when he plays a good game, I get at least 10 notifications with people calling my name, trolling me and saying I told you so.

That is a common practice here.
Why should we stop doing that if nonsense from the last two years prove to be wrong, esecially: if some players will be shit even under a new coach, if we still won't move, if we will still get outran etc.
And those things are imo 90% probable to happen quite soon.

You guys can't just throw shit, nonsense and exaggerration when it fits you.

When my theories are wrong, feel free to troll me.
But it works both ways.

So, in short: no, EV topic and EV comparisons isn't over and will stay here for a looong time.

Calm down and drink some koolaid

The team hasn't played a single game under the new coach yet

:rolleyes:

jairzinho

Not really sure what the comparisons are about. Let's see what Setien has to offer in terms of style of play and tactics etc. I honestly can't wait to see how we look from now on just as i was when Valgreen initially took over. There are some here who loved EV alot and now they're hurting and spewing venom. I guess that's natural but why can't we wait and see what Setien has to offer?

ryuken

Can ppl just ignore each other and not quoting these ridiculously long post by Valverde's enthusiasts?

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Only a matter of time before these Valverde witnesses start knocking on doors and asking people if they heard about Lord Valverde.

snowy

Well for one i am not his peer.
He's at least 10 years older than me

He can run the 4 minute mile though and I hear he's the record gold medalist holder in pommel horse mental gymnastics. You still got 10 yrs to ketchup :lol:

gasgas

He can run the 4 minute mile though and I hear he's the record gold medalist holder in pommel horse mental gymnastics. You still got 10 yrs to ketchup :lol:

This reminds me of a Simpsons news headline "A ketchup truck hits a hamburger stand" :rofl1:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
According to the press the training session before the game on Sunday is a tactical session. Squad list will be released after it.

Home of Barca Fans