Quique Setien

George_Costanza

Obviously my choice would have been Poche or Gallardo, but I would take Setien over inexperienced Xavi or pragmatic Koeman. So he is a middle choice for me.

I don't doubt his footballing philosophy or attacking tactics but question marks on his defensive tactics and leadership.

Riordon

If Setien succeed then we're good.

If he flops it will mean the end of this board who would have probably hired some other mediocre manager anyway.

7NwdA12.jpg

That’s a nice way to look at it 😀 Still a bit disappointing when guys like Ten Haag or even Gallordo will be available this summer.

But definitely Setien over Koemann or Martinez IMO. At the very least I hope he can develop Arthur/Frenkie/Puiq

abbbs97

excited to watch our first game under him. too bad Frenkie is suspended for the Granada game.

not worried about the attacking style as hes the complete opposite of Valverde. the only thing that is worrying is the leadership issues with the senior players but lets hope he does well in that aspect as well.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
According to Sport, Barcelona can terminate his contract without paying anything at the end of every season.

FCBfan22

"...Setién aimed for possession-based, attacking styles of play, with a desire for vertical passing and quick interchanges..."

Raki and Busi done.

KingLeo10

Is Setien the one the commentators and pundits said "out Barcelona Barcelona at the Camp Nou"?

That phrase has stuck with me but don't recall who it was about.

That's sort of misleading. We haven't been Barcelona since like 2016 when MSN began to decline and Rakitic and Busquets (mainly) fell off a cliff.

Messigician

Watched that in-house produced Barca docu-series - Valverde comes across as very charismatic and intelligent character hope Setien is similar

Home of Barca Fans