8 - Pedro Gonzalez "Pedri"

khaled_a_d

Didn't RM block Vinicius from going?

The rules seems confusing as hell. Seems like foreign clubs can prevent players from participating in 2 tournaments if they want.
Not sure if there is an exception for domestics teams or that we were pressured to not block Pedri

soul24rage

He said Spanish clubs. Don't understand why the clubs are powerless just on how that part of the post was worded. Does RFEF compel attendance?

It seems the rule is only for Spanish Players in Spanish clubs.

This is the first time I've ever heard of this kind of rule for the RFEF in relations to the Olympics if it's true. Bizarre really.

khaled_a_d

He said Spanish clubs. Don't understand why the clubs are powerless just on how that part of the post was worded. Does RFEF compel attendance?

Apparently there is Spanish law that makes club obliged to send players (I think in all sports).

https://www.marca.com/en/football/spanish-football/2021/06/29/60db277b22601d80108b456f.html

Spanish law demands that clubs release their players for the Olympic Games, although FIFA's rules state that it is optional and clubs may refuse to allow their players to compete.

That explains why Manchester City have been able to refuse Ferran Torres and Rodri permission to be part of the Olympics squad, while clubs in Spain do not have this right

vegitot

Feel like current Pedri can make at least one through ball key pass per game. He plays like Xavi now, not like Iniesta.

fergus90

Incredible talent. My favourite performance so far except the Juve away game, was probably PSG away. Particularly because he started the game so badly, first 20 minutes he was beyond awful, but rather than shy away he stepped up and was by far the best player on the pitch after that.

Considering the amount of world class players on the field at the time, that took some doing.

Last edited:

Bobo32

Incredible talent. My favourite performance so far except the Juve away game, was probably PSG away. Particularly because he started the game so badly, first 20 minutes he was beyond awful, but rather than shy away he stepped up and was by far the best player on the pitch after that.

Considering the amount of world class players on the field at the time, that took some doing.

Is this all his touches from that game? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1s_tcBIfo4
I remember him being worse in the beginning, and then I don't see anything close to him being by far the best player on the pitch... But these kinds of videos of course alter the perception of the game a bit, although maybe not more than time does with the memory..?

Skalman

Pedri "Busi-Xavi-Iniesta" Gonzalez, sheesh.

Give him the number 8 or 6 shirt.

Watching that video you get the impression he is a superstar...wait, he kind of is, isnt he?
What's more significant is how bad we where at finishing this season, there a lot ace passes in there that never amounted to anything due to poor finishing.

Bobo32

Skimmed that video and it seemed like a piss poor video tbh, and the comparisons to Xavi or Iniesta are still just as piss poor.
Pedri is playing very much unalike Di Maria now, too, but that is because he is so extremely fatigued and can't seem to run at all. He is still a bit alike him in what he sees (both him and Di Maria see quite a lot, although not close to as much as Xavi or Iniesta) but he is too tired or afraid to try a forward pass most of the time, so he is mostly just content with playing backwards or to the closest one sideways. As he is so young he is very much praised for it.

It is good that I am not the coach of FC Barcelona, because it is true that I almost fall in love with some players style (just like Koeman does). I have offered very many constructive critiques to someone like Puig on this forum though, I think I could guide him to greatness! Pedri too tbh. If I had a bit more time on my hands I'd create a great tikitaka Barcelona in FM out of this squad and just buying former la masia players, but even that wouldn't be enough for some of these negative posters! They want rappers with tattoos! Weighing at least 70kgs!

Home of Barca Fans