8 - Pedro Gonzalez "Pedri"

fergus90

Didn’t watch the game but it was actually trending on Twitter how visually tired he looked.

He needs to be protected better than he currently is. He can probably get away with it now but at some point got to be more conservative with his workload to protect him for later down the line.

Last edited:

Joan

Watching the game, I think it was obvious again that he was fatigued. Not only on the mistakes and the lazy decisions, but also in his annoying jogging...

Cope, Bobo, Cope... he'll annoy you week in week out for years. Learn to accept it.

Bobo32

It may be the humidity and heat in Tokyo.

Yes. The whole team looked a bit slow (but Ceballos played quite well before his injury, like he was the obvious star of the team)

I think Pedri is pretty ambitious but it makes him have a problem with using his energy correctly, so he becomes this player with just one gear. He looks like a badly trained person going out for a jog, retreating into his own world, determined not to start walking. His turning radius is somewhere around 10m and there is not so much acceleration/deceleration but just one gear as I said.
He should start walking more, so that he can run more too. He shouldn't play games like this.

Will be interesting to see the coming games, I had high hopes for Pedri, as I thought he was pretty great in the Euros, and should be able to play a bit more freely than usual in this tournament.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Man looks like he has aged 10 years.

For god's sake give him minimum 2-3 weeks off after the olympics.

Jadentheman

Shame on the club for letting him go play in Tokyo. Not only is he highly exposed to COVID, but they have him playing back to back tournaments and then throw him right into La Liga when he returns.

Messi983

The club should have been firm and not let him go to Tokyo.

From reports I've read a few weeks ago Spanish clubs couldn't refuse letting their players go. I'm sure Sociedad and Villarreal would also prefer to remove their key players like Oyarzabal and Pau Torres who were already playing in Euros (not as much as Pedri obviously but still) but were powerless as well.

That's why if you look at their Olympic squad only Dani Olmo (don't know why Leipzig let him go) and Rafa Mir (who is not in Wolves's first team plans so they probably don't mind him going to Olympics and possibly increase his value before they'll try to sell him) are playing for foreign clubs. Players like Gonzalo Villar (Roma), Brahim Diaz (Milan) and Abel Ruiz (Braga) who played in U21 Euro in June could all potentially also be called up for Olympics but weren't. Ferran Torres as well.

El Gato

Villarato!
From reports I've read a few weeks ago Spanish clubs couldn't refuse letting their players go. I'm sure Sociedad and Villarreal would also prefer to remove their key players like Oyarzabal and Pau Torres who were already playing in Euros (not as much as Pedri obviously but still) but were powerless as well.

That's why if you look at their Olympic squad only Dani Olmo (don't know why Leipzig let him go) and Rafa Mir (who is not in Wolves's first team plans so they probably don't mind him going to Olympics and possibly increase his value before they'll try to sell him) are playing for foreign clubs. Players like Gonzalo Villar (Roma), Brahim Diaz (Milan) and Abel Ruiz (Braga) who played in U21 Euro in June could all potentially also be called up for Olympics but weren't. Ferran Torres as well.

Didn't RM block Vinicius from going?

Home of Barca Fans