Sergiño Dest (loaned to PSV)

I think he has quality to become a decent rb, but to achieve that he needs a proper cb, rw, and rmf by his side to develop.
Emerson on the other hand looks like he could be the player that our right cb needs.

He's literally the same player as semedo. Same exact issues

Messi983

We've signed Semedo when he was almost 24 with not much room for improvement and he was given 3 seasons. Dest will start his second season still only aged 20. It's fair to give him at least one more season before writing him off. Even more proven players than him coming to the club in a better situation had troubles adapting in their first season. Now we have a rebuilding team that is still somehow trying to stay competitive despite a lot of obstacles (mostly financial) in the way. I think he has shown some good things last season despite having injuries/fitness issues but obviously needs to improve a lot if he wants to stay longterm.

We've signed Semedo when he was almost 24 with not much room for improvement and he was given 3 seasons. Dest will start his second season still only aged 20. It's fair to give him at least one more season before writing him off. Even more proven players than him coming to the club in a better situation had troubles adapting in their first season. Now we have a rebuilding team that is still somehow trying to stay competitive despite a lot of obstacles (mostly financial) in the way. I think he has shown some good things last season despite having injuries/fitness issues but obviously needs to improve a lot if he wants to stay longterm.

That's just blind hope. There's nothing that dest is good at to give any indication of that. He's not gonna all of a sudden develop some mad skills. If he had some attacking or defending talent and was raw ypu could say he's inexperienced he needs time to get overall consistent etc. But he has no talent or anything. Just bang average. If he had some great crossing or attacking movement or something I would agree give him time to get better defensively more consistent etc but he's not. There's nothing there I'd sell him on the spot

Porque

Need to be patient for atleast a season more. But the more I see of him the more he is looking like Royston Drenthe.

Maybe, just maybe, if Sergi Roberto is going to stay we would look to loan out Dest for a season and stick with Emerson/Roberto for 21/22.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
So far Ajax fans are completely right , back when Barca was after him and they were wondering what Barca and Bayern saw in him.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I have the impression of a player who lacks focus or bereft of ideas apart from trying to dribble his marker

soul24rage

He needs to be mentally stronger to make it at Barca. I think physically and technically he has what it takes it but that is simply not enough for this club.

Bobo32

Any positive posts about this player here right now?
I thought I was pretty alone in "criticizing" him 5 months ago, but now I feel like I'm one of the more positive towards him...

BerkeleyBernie

Any positive posts about this player here right now?
I thought I was pretty alone in "criticizing" him 5 months ago, but now I feel like I'm one of the more positive towards him...

I didn't watch the game, only the highlights. His smart wall passing ended with his through ball to Depay that set up the second goal.

Home of Barca Fans