Lionel Messi - v7

Andresito

Staff member
Could do with a rest. He's been fighting hard these past two games. Can't imagine it's been comfortable for his lazy ass.

Andresito

Staff member
Also seems like he's been learning from Dembele. Never seen Messi with so many fake shots in one half. Effective as well.

Hardy

with a final to play now I guess Messi will wait the end of the season to announce his decision, unless he already decided to stay, in that case no point to wait june

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Messi ran 90min against Alaves, three days later PSG: tired Messi

Messi ran 90min against Sevilla, three days later Sevilla: tired Messi

Messi needs rest, he is 34 years old. Ronaldo has started to explode in these knockout matches when Zidane decided to rest him before Cl matches. I think we can still see a worldclass Messi in big games when he is fresh.

JamDav1982

Messi ran 90min against Alaves, three days later PSG: tired Messi

Messi ran 90min against Sevilla, three days later Sevilla: tired Messi

Messi needs rest, he is 34 years old. Ronaldo has started to explode in these knockout matches when Zidane decided to rest him before Cl matches. I think we can still see a worldclass Messi in big games when he is fresh.

Messi ran 90 mins v Sevilla at weekend. Assited and Scored.

Messi ran 120 mins last night and was still looking good at end.

Obviously he like any player needs rest but can pick and choose the stats to show how he has got on.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Messi ran 90 mins v Sevilla at weekend. Assited and Scored.

Messi ran 120 mins last night and was still looking good at end.

Obviously he like any player needs rest but can pick and choose the stats to show how he has got on.

Of course he will have his moments, he is still Leo Messi but obviously he wasnt on his level last night. Against matches like PSG a fresh Messi is needed.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Messi didnt look tired last night and if the argument is priortities it is the league game that would take that.

Youre right with Sevilla but was it necessary to use him 90min against Alaves at home when we have to play against PSG three days later? This was the perfect moment to rest him. A fresh Messi would have been much more dangerous even though the most of the other players are crap.

Proper

Banned
For Messi's legacy you best hope he doesn't move to City, can you imagine a 34 year old Messi moving to City and being outshone by KDB for example? Especially when 36 year old Ronaldo is still doing the business and the main guy at Juventus.

There's always been a big question mark about Messi and his ability to play in another league, but it's no good deciding to do that now, should have done it 5 years ago, so if i was him in terms of legacy I'd stay well away from the mighty PL, it has potential to chew him up, spit him out Di Maria/Thiago Alcantara style, if that happens, well you all know me I'm a fair guy, i'll give him time (say 2 months) to settle into his new club, if KDB is outshining him or any other of City's titans after 2 months I'm going to be like "get that flop out of here".

Stay where you are Messi in the Cage Rage league looking good against plumbers and doormen, come to the UFC (PL) at this stage of your career, it's not going to end well for you.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans