Ousmane Dembélé

behindbrowneyes

To me it looks like the club is prioritising the contract renewals of Pedri, Ansu, Gavi and Araujo atm. Rightfully so.

I'm not really worried about rumours about Dembele leaving. Hard to take media serious as a big chunk of them seems to fudge a story just to get clicks. He's not even fit yet and we'll see sooner than later how it pans out with him.

Imo, if he leaves the club for bigger money and goes to a club like Newcastle, he is just an ungrateful idiot as chances of him having a fixed spot on RW at Barcelona longterm are higher than ever. If he goes to a club like Liverpool or Chelsea with coaches like Klopp or Tuchel, I can't blame him. I think Dembele and Barca did better to keep him fit since Koeman took over. Can hardly blame the club for him getting injured at the EUROs, but could be that Dembele didn't do his homework when he was with his country as he surely had no kindergartner taking care of him like he does at Barca.

Raketa10

lol, I don't think that's how it works. Many players are overpaid, like Martial, Sane, and others are earning massively, even more than Benzema, so it's all about negotiations, just like we would do for our own jobs. For Dembouz, he's young and still got hype, plus he's coming for free. With what he's asking for, the total investment in him would be 30m for a new club since they're not paying for any transfer fee and just catering for his wages, so they'll be willing to gamble on him and see if they can get his hyped form back. However, It'll be painful for us since we overpaid for him.

Is never 15 mil. He will probably demand a 4 or 5 year contract with bonuses. The sum can easily reach 100 mil during that time.

Porque

Well, that's legit tactics for someone like Mbappe or some other top level players but in Dembele's case he might end up playing for Rennes if he gets injured again. Imagine if he tears his hamstring once again during the next 6 months. No one sane will offer him anything near that amount.

This is a good point. If Dembele is not renewing then there is no point in us playing him either.

He in all likelihood would be prioritising a summer move and staying injury free. Thus not training or playing at his hardest.

Better to invest that time in Dest for example, who for all his limitations is guaranteed to give the best level he can.

khaled_a_d

15ME/year+15ME signing bonus doesn't sound too outlandish (for a free agent).

It is twice the salary he is worth, with signing bonus that is worth his market value.
He will be 25 at the end of the season (when he can sign as free agents) with 7 years at top level and nothing to show for but flashes of talent during his teen years, on top of that one of the most injury prone players who has discipline issues.
It isn't like he has the talent to be worth the hustle

FinBarcelonafan

It is twice the salary he is worth, with signing bonus that is worth his market value.
He will be 25 at the end of the season (when he can sign as free agents) with 7 years at top level and nothing to show for but flashes of talent during his teen years, on top of that one of the most injury prone players who has discipline issues.
It isn't like he has the talent to be worth the hustle

This. We seem to still see him as a prospect, but that's the problem. He is already 25.

mc_lovin

He is world class in some but so many big flaws destroy him

Traore is world class dribbler yet everything else is frustrating

Disagree, he won't win any Ballon d'Ors in the future, but he's the next best thing to a worldclass winger. Pino and the likes for sure ain't (yet). Catch as always are his injuries, but last season was a big improvement already.

FinBarcelonafan

Disagree, he won't win any Ballon d'Ors in the future, but he's the next best thing to a worldclass winger. Pino and the likes for sure ain't (yet). Catch as always are his injuries, but last season was a big improvement already.

He can't do basic things well. He is far from the top.

Laplacian

That gets overblown a bit. He's erratic, but no Traore. He barely played his position (RW) either. Koeman used him as a CF (give or take) and the other seasons were plagued by injuries.

It's not overblown at all. He literally can't pass and keep the ball in tight spaces like every other normal player in the world can. That has nothing to do with his position, it's a fault of his technique, composure and spatial awareness.

FCMessi

Barca signed him to keep the ball in tight spaces.

At 24 and with history of injuries, this is his last chance to sign a retirement contract.

Umtiti's example is right in his face every day.

Home of Barca Fans