Ousmane Dembélé

Andresito

Staff member
Good riddance. If what his agent said is true, that they value sporting ambitions over money, then we should expect Dembele to move in January. But I doubt it.

At most I can see it being a loan with the other club taking on the full salary. But in an ideal world we get 10m for him.

Porque

He has fulfilled his contract though. Injuries are not his fault to be fair either.

It would make sense to make use of him for six months.

On the otherhand, if we do see first team potential in Abde, then best to spend these 6 months developing him and integrating Ferran.

Windhook

Goodbye.

Idiotic move by Dembouz and his agent. Barca will look to sell him immediately, but clubs are likely to wait for his contract to run out. At least those who Dembele desires to join.

delancey

Goodbye.

Idiotic move by Dembouz and his agent. Barca will look to sell him immediately, but clubs are likely to wait for his contract to run out. At least those who Dembele desires to join.
Not if we let him go on a free now. Or even better, we loan him out for 6 months to a club in return for one of their attackers (on loan).

khaled_a_d

Goodbye.

We are rumored to offer him free exit while saving his salary, and even threatening to unilaterally terminate it if he refuses

Andresito

Staff member
He has fulfilled his contract though. Injuries are not his fault to be fair either.

It would make sense to make use of him for six months.

On the otherhand, if we do see first team potential in Abde, then best to spend these 6 months developing him and integrating Ferran.

Can argue that he hasn't been professional enough during these 5 years. I don't think it's been 100 % bad luck when it comes to injuries.

It's good that he's getting the Ilaix treatment despite being a bigger player, shows that all players are treated equally in the club.

Of course he would be a boost to the current squad. But it's not like he's prime Messi. We'll make due without him too.

JamDav1982

Not convinced he will be given that Ilaix treatment if he refuses to leave.

My guess is there will be some story about Xavi and Dembele meeting and deciding to use him until end of season.

They wont weaken squad in that last few months when so much at stake if Dembele refuses to leave in my opinion.

Windhook

We are rumored to offer him free exit while saving his salary, and even threatening to unilaterally terminate it if he refuses

Alemany: "We have informed Dembele that he must leave immediately"

Alemany added that "today, January 20, eleven days before closing the last term of his contract, it is evident that it seems obvious to us that the player does not want to continue at Barcelona and is not committed to Bar?a's future project. This scenario has been communicated to him and his agents that he must leave immediately, because we want committed players and we hope that a transfer will take place before January 31"

Finally, Alemany said that "the sporting consequence of all this, valued by the technicians and our coach, is that we do not want to have uncommitted players with us who do not want to be at Bar?a, and therefore the fact that they do not go summoned is nothing more than a consequence of this whole process.

The club is not the one that must determine, the coach has determined it and has our support and support. It seems to us an absolutely coherent attitude"

That's translated from Mundo Deportivo. A mutual termination of his contract requires some amount of money to be paid to the player which is second option IMO.

Last edited:

MTL_Barca

As a pure power move it would be a bit dumb tbh, reaching our goals is far more important than making an example out of this.

On the other hand though Xavi is just about to build his new team with everyone available now, so makes sense to not include Dembele as a core player there when we know he'll be gone and instead use players that are fully committed to Barca.

Last edited:

fergus90

It would take a miracle for Dembele to remain injury-free up until June. Banishing him to the stands is probably shortening his Barca career by 10 games at the very most.

If he has no future, then start building on-field chemistry with the players that will and want to be here. Makes sense to me.

mc_lovin

Hard to care about any of this :lol: The whole saga just annoyed me.

But I think the board made the right move. Dembele and his agents were stalling the whole time. Now they are forced to make a decision. Even if it's just the stands for the rest of the season. I welcome clarity.

Sterlingfan2000

Ousmane says that he does not accept ultimatums and that he will continue until June 30th. [as]

It's easy for him , leave on summer get 20-30M signing on fee and live ur life in Richness.

Free Transfer are the way to go now. Clubs are themselves to blame + Oil club spending 200M on Neymar

Home of Barca Fans