Ousmane Dembélé

Birdy

If I ever go to Canada though, I will challenge you in a 1v1 football panna challenge, and I am sure you would be humbled! I know the sport both theoretically and practically! Without outing myself too much, I must say that I used to be on 20 in passing in football manager. Take that!

Nice! I haven't played any panna, must be fun tho ...
What position do you play in 11v11 or 7v7, Bobo?

Bobo32

Your (most of you) taste is terrible right now, so it would make sense if you thought that Henry was all that between 2007-2009, but it could also be the case that some of you are too young to remember correctly. I am old enough to trust my own taste 15 years ago, and Henry was a very weak player then, as well as a suspicious personality (he hugged Bojan Krkic for 30 seconds, for the cameras to see, thinking the people would see him as a mentor and great person). I saw right through him! He benefited from Messi, Xavi and Alves drawing the opposition defense towards their flank all the time, releasing the ball perfectly for him to finish. Dembele isn't getting quite as much of a beneficial role, but it's not far from it! He is of course much more terrible than Henry ever was.

Morten

Your (most of you) taste is terrible right now, so it would make sense if you thought that Henry was all that between 2007-2009, but it could also be the case that some of you are too young to remember correctly. I am old enough to trust my own taste 15 years ago, and Henry was a very weak player then, as well as a suspicious personality (he hugged Bojan Krkic for 30 seconds, for the cameras to see, thinking the people would see him as a mentor and great person). I saw right through him! He benefited from Messi, Xavi and Alves drawing the opposition defense towards their flank all the time, releasing the ball perfectly for him to finish. Dembele isn't getting quite as much of a beneficial role, but it's not far from it! He is of course much more terrible than Henry ever was.

Okay, this just got weird, really quick.

Bobo32

Okay, this just got weird, really quick.

It was weird! If you are a judge of character, and you were there at the time, I am sure you would agree these moments were very strange! Me and my mates used to joke about his transparent attempt to look great at these moments.

He was a bit awful to see with his gestures in games too, as he himself admitted, he said that he hated watching himself play, he hated his own gestures. He always seemed very fake to me on the pitch, giving the thumbs up for the passes that he failed to control. I hated his guts tbqh!

BerkeleyBernie

Lose my number if you don't agree Henry was a terrible Barcelona player.
He was OK of course in Arsenal 2001-2004 or something, if overrated, but he was a fucking disaster to watch in Barcelona. The improvement with Villa was insane!

I saw Barca on their US tour when Henry was playing with them. These were exhibition games, and I still recall being pissed at Henry for going to ground at every opportunity. WTF man!? It's an exhibition, we're here to be entertained, not to see you rolling around on the ground. Get the fuck off the pitch if that's all you're going to do.

I had a good view of the right side attack in the first half. Watching Xavi-Messi-Alves combine was a blast.

Morten

I saw Barca on their US tour when Henry was playing with them. These were exhibition games, and I still recall being pissed at Henry for going to ground at every opportunity. WTF man!? It's an exhibition, we're here to be entertained, not to see you rolling around on the ground. Get the fuck off the pitch if that's all you're going to do.

I had a good view of the right side attack in the first half. Watching Xavi-Messi-Alves combine was a blast.

Oh, Thierry Henry, the first and only diver that Barcelona, mes que un club, has ever had.

Bobo32

He was embarrassing! I never watched him in person, but on tele, he really was embarrassing, seeing him with these fantastic players. He had his strengths of course, but it never looked very good.

Yeah I got to see some games of these three masters of the game on the right flank though, it was so crazy! As Eric Cantona said, I will never differentiate between these moments and for instance the poetry of the young Rimbaud... Alves and Messi together, a shame we didn't get to see it again in 2022!

Bobo32

Oh, Thierry Henry, the first and only diver that Barcelona, mes que un club, has ever had.

A dive is OK, done correctly, with style. Mr Herny dove in an embarrassing manner I am sure, he just lacked style and elegance (these people calling him an "elegant player" are the worst, how could you ever take them seriously?)

Style is the answer to everything: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HpgtW8tGfA

I have seen dogs with more style than Thierry.

Bobo32

Master troll.

Messigician is finished.

The King is dead, long live the King.

What constitutes a troll for you? I give my heart to these posts on this forum! My deep knowledge about the game, my sense of taste, my analytical mind, I give it away for free! And all you do is call me a troll! How rude!

Home of Barca Fans