Ousmane Dembélé

Bobo32

Since Dembele was last directly involved in a goal one month ago, he has played all minutes but 17+74. He has played 449 minutes in the six games played since then. He has misplaced:
24 passes, 60%
21 passes, 67,7%
13 passes, 73,5%
19 passes, 62%
5 passes, 61,5%
12 passes, 41,5%

NOTHING to show for these error percentages. He is refusing to sign a new contract, choosing to leave for free instead. Xavi continues to play him.

Just factually untrue. He created chances that were not converted. The biggest criticism one can give to Dembele now is that he is not scoring himself, or even getting himself into goalscoring positions at all. Much of that is dictated by Xavi's instructions. Which is why when others cannot score from his passes and crosses, he becomes ineffective. A Barca winger should always be able to score himself, but Dembele's composure in front of goal has been atrocious this season

Check the stats, and I'm sure you'll see that he created the most chances out of our attackers in the last 6 games. Most critics about him are valid (finishing and all), but when it comes to chance creation, he's clearly the best from our attackers. Created like 5 chances in this game and 2 were converted

Sometimes when he fails to find a team mate, the ball is at least lost somewhere in the penalty box, it is true. It is not always put on the stands.
If I got to stand still on the touch line to receive the ball in every attack, and was allowed to miss 20 passes per game, shoot 5-10 times per game, and be dispossessed trying to dribble 5-10 times per game, I would "create" some things for FC Barcelona too.

feggydinho

Sometimes when he fails to find a team mate, the ball is at least lost somewhere in the penalty box, it is true. It is not always put on the stands.
If I got to stand still on the touch line to receive the ball in every attack, and was allowed to miss 20 passes per game, shoot 5-10 times per game, and be dispossessed trying to dribble 5-10 times per game, I would "create" some things for FC Barcelona too.

Why can't the other attackers create as much chances as he does?? Today nothing was working in the left wing with Ferran and all receiving the ball, but you saw how dembele did the dribble and created the chance that led to the first goal. We all know it's not as easy as you wanna make it, and dembele has always been someone that creates chances even before coming here

Birdy

Check the stats, and I'm sure you'll see that he created the most chances out of our attackers in the last 6 games. Most critics about him are valid (finishing and all), but when it comes to chance creation, he's clearly the best from our attackers. Created like 5 chances in this game and 2 were converted

No point in replying to a hater, who doesn't even want wingers to begin with in the team, but would rather populate all positions with CMs

Messi983

Would you guys sign off to a five year contract extension for 20m+ gross per year for him thus making him one of the highest paid players in his position in the world? Let's see how confident people are that he will keep this up.

Nope.

I would give him a max. 3 year contract, around 15m gross with bonuses for games played and goals/assists.

Birdy

20m gross is around 10m net
I think the highest paid barca players in the squad at the moment (after the paycuts) must be around 9-10m net per year (How much is FDJ getting?)
If dembele gets 10m net as well, he would not be overpaid compared to the rest of the squad
but above that, I would be against

BTW:
[MENTION=21238]barca[/MENTION]_Buzz
?
14h
✍️ (DEMB?L?): Demb?l? is represented by two agents: Moussa Sissoko and Marko Litchsteiner.
• Right now, Ousmane & Litchsteiner accept the new proposal, however Moussa keeps asking for his renewal bonus, therefore the renewal is still stuck.

@gerardromero

Last edited:

MTL_Barca

Wages usually don't just reflect quality, more about timing and circumstances of the transfer/renewal.

In case of Dembele it's as much about not losing a player for free as it is about keeping Dembele. So not too crazy to pay more in that case. Shit or not he's currently a starter and the coach wants him to stay so that's something to consider.

Bayern is in a bit of a similar situation with Gnabry, who reportedly aims for a salary similar to Coman/Sane. Now it's ither overpaying, selling or lose for free next summer.

Now personally i wouldn't like that kind of deal all that much, but it's a difficult situation especially since we'd probably need 2 RWs with Adama leaving as well. Unless Ferran plays RW and Depay stays as LW i guess, then it would be easier to replace Dembele.

Iniesta Ultra

What % of Dembele's assists this year were long crosses? Is he enabling Xaviball dysfunction and dna destruction?

I have no problem with him providing the same assists as a RB but we need forwards who can link in small space and score.

Horatio

You're welcome
In Ousmane's defense, if Ferran would know how to finish his assist count would be quite a bit higher. Dembele has become a solid assist machine. If he stays I hope the next personal goal set by trainer as well is to learn how to shoot.

Bobo32

Why can't the other attackers create as much chances as he does?? Today nothing was working in the left wing with Ferran and all receiving the ball, but you saw how dembele did the dribble and created the chance that led to the first goal. We all know it's not as easy as you wanna make it, and dembele has always been someone that creates chances even before coming here

In G+A/minute he is fourth in the team, below Braithwaite, Fati and Aubameyang who are all at around 1 goal or assist per 90 minutes. Dembele is at 0,71 slightly higher than Luuk at 0,68 and Ferran at 0,64.

None of Braithwaite, Fati, Aubameyang, Luuk or Ferran have been close to miss more passes than they succeeded with in one game. Dembele actually did just the other game. He is lower in passing percentage than all of the players mentioned over the season.
Dembele shoots 19% of his shots on target. Luuk and Fati are the two players who actually shoots more often than him, but their shots are on target double the time (and they score seven or ten times as much)

If the other attackers allowed themselves to fail as often as Dembele does, they would create more chances than they do too, but the team would be worse for it.

ajnotkeith

In G+A/minute he is fourth in the team, below Braithwaite, Fati and Aubameyang who are all at around 1 goal or assist per 90 minutes. Dembele is at 0,71 slightly higher than Luuk at 0,68 and Ferran at 0,64.

None of Braithwaite, Fati, Aubameyang, Luuk or Ferran have been close to miss more passes than they succeeded with in one game. Dembele actually did just the other game. He is lower in passing percentage than all of the players mentioned over the season.
Dembele shoots 19% of his shots on target. Luuk and Fati are the two players who actually shoots more often than him, but their shots are on target double the time (and they score seven or ten times as much)

If the other attackers allowed themselves to fail as often as Dembele does, they would create more chances than they do too, but the team would be worse for it.

You are counting Fati and Braithwaite who have played like 400 minutes each. Ever heard of sample size?

The only attacker who has a large enough sample size to qualify for any comparison would be Auba. So in my view he's 2nd.

You don't ever see any chart or data collection where players with 2 starts are in the player pool, for obvious reasons.

Home of Barca Fans