Ansu Fati (loaned to Brighton)

serghei

He was excellent in build up, wtf are people talking about? Only had one chance to score and the keeper made a good save. Him and Firpo combined well.

As if it would've been the first time people undeservedly throw shit at players around here...

devo901

I mean hes only 17 years old and the least of our problems. Cant understand why some people are overly harsh to him :S Probably expect the 2nd coming of Messi.

If you play for the barca A team - as a forward, you have to be very special, not just a promise for the future. He is not the level of messi, suarez, griezman ... or is he? Right now is OK but not more... maybe he gets better but who knows... nobody denies that he is good for 17, but this is not the under 19 team, but the A team. However, right now, we do not have options... given that Alba will miss matches Firpo is the weakes link in todays team.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
How short is your memory? At the beginning of the season and a couple weeks ago against Levante Ansu's goals decided games. Besides that he is doing a solid job and has his opportunities every game. Defenses look out for him, they know he is capable of punishing them.
All in all his season is rock solid, especially considering his age.

Having this much responsibility with just 17 years will prove very worthy for his whole career.

Edit: Oh, and Ansu would have had an easy tap in today if Griezmann had passed him the ball.

Last edited:

aragorn

How short is your memory? At the beginning of the season and a couple weeks ago against Levante Ansu's goals decided games. Besides that he is doing a solid job and has his opportunities every game. Defenses look out for him, they know he is capable of punishing them.

Having this much responsibility with just 17 years will prove very worthy for his whole career.

Edit: Oh, and Ansu would have had an easy tap in today if Griezmann had passed him the ball.
The boy got pissed off when he didn't get that pass - Suarez would be proud :lol:

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Everyone would be pissed and rightfully so. Not a mistake by Griezmann to shoot himself instead of passing the ball but if you take that decision, you have to score.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I think he's showing more with each passing game. Yesterday he was great with ball control, reminded me of Neymar at times. Great passing and 1-2s as well. He is fucking 17. Scary how good he will be in five years, and he will still be only 22. It is hard not to be excited with him.

aragorn

Everyone would be pissed and rightfully so. Not a mistake by Griezmann to shoot himself instead of passing the ball but if you take that decision, you have to score.

Absolutely; I loved that he was and actually expressed it; Not intrigued by the stardom of the world champion!

devo901

> How short is your memory?
Please consider a less personal aggressive debate style. Unless you are defending your brother...
True, he had one match he decided. But I also remember that almost ALL other games, that he did not decide. I remember many games ... where I havent even seen Mr. Fati at all! He basically disappeared.

Total played 14
Started 7
Minutes per game 48
4 goals.

I am not super impressed with this ... perhaps, he is the best 17 year old in the world - but with 4 goals in 14 games BARCA is not gonna win any tournament. And we want to win liga and CL and not the under 21CL!

regarding your edit: true, there was a chance for a tap-in. But, to me this is not a valid argument to judge that Fati is a hell of a player, because a tap-in can be done by everyone. Yes, I give him that he positioned himself right.

This constant "BUT HE IS ONLY 17!!!" sounds, as if we have to excuse that he is not yet the level of Barca.

jamrock

> How short is your memory?
Please consider a less personal aggressive debate style. Unless you are defending your brother...
True, he had one match he decided. But I also remember that almost ALL other games, that he did not decide. I remember many games ... where I havent even seen Mr. Fati at all! He basically disappeared.

Total played 14
Started 7
Minutes per game 48
4 goals.

I am not super impressed with this ... perhaps, he is the best 17 year old in the world - but with 4 goals in 14 games BARCA is not gonna win any tournament. And we want to win liga and CL and not the under 21CL!

regarding your edit: true, there was a chance for a tap-in. But, to me this is not a valid argument to judge that Fati is a hell of a player, because a tap-in can be done by everyone. Yes, I give him that he positioned himself right.

This constant "BUT HE IS ONLY 17!!!" sounds, as if we have to excuse that he is not yet the level of Barca.

Blocked

Too much nonsense goes on here Jesus Christ.

So are you telling me a 17 year old who is being forced to start way more games than he has any business doing for one of the biggest clubs in the world, that's being ran be idiots, isn't the 2nd coming of peledona.

What a freaking waste he must be

devo901

Blocked

Too much nonsense goes on here Jesus Christ.

So are you telling me a 17 year old who is being forced to start way more games than he has any business doing for one of the biggest clubs in the world, that's being ran be idiots, isn't the 2nd coming of peledona.

What a freaking waste he must be

No, he is not a waste, not at all, but to me he is not the material that is needed to win CL, can we agree on this?

I do not understand "2nd coming of peledona" you mean the return of Jesus? (ah! Pele and Maradona! a pun, I like that, but it took me a sec.)
Well, he is the weakest of our 3 attackers today...if we want to optimize our attacking line - he is the first one I am thinking of... sorry.

Gnidrologist

He is obviously not great for a Barca front three as the standards for that position is sky high, but you can't seriously say that his performances given his age are being crap. Very far from it. I find him surprisingly useful. There's hardly any alternative for him currently.

JamDav1982

He is 17 and jumped levels to be in first team it is expected he will blow hot and cold.

Current injury crisis has forced the hand and he has to start more than club/Setien would want at current level but he has been a positive surprise for Barca this season.

The front line need his pace. He is not the type that will blow past opposition but he is quick enough that if he times his run in behind you want catch him. Griezmann is the same.

The trouble is the whole team defer to Messi and a lot of the runs from Fati and Griezmann are ignored and teams keep playing the high line and focus on crowding Messi when he gets ball in position to feed them.

Jallo

He is 17 and jumped levels to be in first team it is expected he will blow hot and cold.

Current injury crisis has forced the hand and he has to start more than club/Setien would want at current level but he has been a positive surprise for Barca this season.

The front line need his pace. He is not the type that will blow past opposition but he is quick enough that if he times his run in behind you want catch him. Griezmann is the same.

The trouble is the whole team defer to Messi and a lot of the runs from Fati and Griezmann are ignored and teams keep playing the high line and focus on crowding Messi when he gets ball in position to feed them.

Busquets doesn’t even look at any other runs, when he has the ball. Just pass it to Messi no regards to how open he is.

Home of Barca Fans