Copa | Semi Final: Real Madrid - FC Barcelona 1-4 agg.

i_bleed_blaugrana

[formation=barca,6]
Ter Stegen
0-0-Murillo-0-Lenglet-0-0
Semedo-0-0-0-0-0-Alba
0-0-0-Busi-0-0-0
0-0-Arthur-0-Alena-0-0
0-Malcom-0-0-0-Coutinho-0
0-0-0-Prince-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

Keep Suarez, Messi & Rakitic on the bench as much as possible. He will probably play at some point but we should only use him if we need a lift. Otherwise, lets give Coutinho a real chance to prove himself.

Vilarrubi

[formation=barca,6]
Ter Stegen
0-0-Murillo-0-Lenglet-0-0
Semedo-0-0-0-0-0-Alba
0-0-0-Busi-0-0-0
0-0-Arthur-0-Alena-0-0
0-Malcom-0-0-0-Coutinho-0
0-0-0-Prince-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

Keep Suarez, Messi & Rakitic on the bench as much as possible. He will probably play at some point but we should only use him if we need a lift. Otherwise, lets give Coutinho a real chance to prove himself.

Full gala 11 tomorrow, can see maybe 1 or 2 changes at most.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Full gala 11 tomorrow, can see maybe 1 or 2 changes at most.

You're probably right.

I'd take an L in the CdR to Real rather than watch them capitulate again in Europe like they did last season. Priorities....there is just no reason to rush Messi unless he's fully fit and gala players badly need a rest. Suarez in particular really faded in the last 15 mins against Valencia and you can tell the games are starting to catch up. He needs some serious rest and I'd say the same about Rakitic.

Plus, like I said, I want us to really test Coutinho. That line up would force him to either step up and lead or flounder. His position in this team is probably the only one we really need to sort out soon. So I want to see what he's made of and its a perfect scenario: a big enough game for him to get confidence if he does step up but not important enough to where if he flops, it dramatically transforms our season.

serghei

Wouldn't take a loss. A win here would be a great morale boost. We've rested our players half the games in the Copa anyway. We can rotate in the easier La Liga games. We have Valladolid at home after Bilbao. They just lost 4-0 away to Huesca. Rest there is ensured.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Wouldn't take a loss. A win here would be a great morale boost. We've rested our players half the games in the Copa anyway. We can rotate in the easier La Liga games. We have Valladolid at home after Bilbao. They just lost 4-0 away to Huesca. Rest there is ensured.

Lol, I am not saying we should go out and lose to be clear. Clearly we shouldn't and the thing is, I think that team on paper is good enough to beat Real right now. But it doesn't make sense to me to risk gala players for our third priority of the season. It makes more sense to me to play the rotation players in the first leg, then bring out the galas if we need them in the second leg. Keep in mind we travel to the San Mames on Sunday and those are never games for us.

Again, I'll take being a goal or two down in the CdR first leg than dropping 2 or 3 points in La Liga and letting Atleti back in it. Its just a little too close in La Liga and since that is the priority this season, I'd rather the galas be 100% for that game than say 85-90% because they played in a somewhat dead rubber clasico. I know there is a trophy on the line but I think everyone knows that really isn't important this season, considering we have won that damn thing 5 times in a row.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
No gala 11, we need to pace ourselves even if it's Madrid. Hopefully some rotations will be on.

FC B

First bad news is Dembele missing, our fastest attacking player, we'll probably see Raki, Busi and Roberto vs speedy players like Bale and Vinicius...

clemente

Why is everyone pretending like its not gonna be

Roberto Pique

Rakitic Busquets

We will 100% get ran over in defence, as in last 3 years, its all about the hope that Messi can score more than 1

clemente

What do you not understand? We will play our slowest backline and our slowest midfield against a team that has pace everywhere and are deadly on the counter. And now that Dembele is off, Messi is our only hope to get something back since there is no way we are keeping a cleansheet.

raki

What do you not understand? We will play our slowest backline and our slowest midfield against a team that has pace everywhere and are deadly on the counter. And now that Dembele is off, Messi is our only hope to get something back since there is no way we are keeping a cleansheet.

:lol:

Vilarrubi

First bad news is Dembele missing, our fastest attacking player, we'll probably see Raki, Busi and Roberto vs speedy players like Bale and Vinicius...

Hopefully Valverde sees sense and plays Semedo RB so we have some pace.

Home of Barca Fans