21 - Frenkie de Jong

JohnN

I think he was very good. Had to keep an eye on Messi when in his area and did pretty well apart from a single instance, where he completely lost him. Also was tasked with getting the ball from deep and did it pretty well. Attacking wise not anything special, I guess it wasn't his job.

FinBarcelonafan

I think he was very good. Had to keep an eye on Messi when in his area and did pretty well apart from a single instance, where he completely lost him. Also was tasked with getting the ball from deep and did it pretty well. Attacking wise not anything special, I guess it wasn't his job.

That's why we want to throw him out. He is useless in attack. All he can do is bring up the ball.

Barcilliant

He is good, very good on his day but he is NOT a special player. Him playing as sole DM here has always left me with mixed feelings. Better than Busquets but can we do better??

jamrock

He is good, very good on his day but he is NOT a special player. Him playing as sole DM here has always left me with mixed feelings. Better than Busquets but can we do better??

Perfectly sums him up, which is why I'll never rate him, solid 6-7 player, but nothing special which is what we paid for

JamDav1982

Nah he is much better than you lads think and Barcas best mid currently.

The amount of shite spoken about likes of Busquets being better or Gavi in recent times is laughable.

Been Barcas best player since got back in team.

Xavi fucked up massively thinking Pedri/Gavi/Busquets midfield was way to go. Probably cost Barca EL and first seeding.. let alone CL this season.

The fee is not as bad as made out. Been best midfielder in time at club and held his value.

A lot of teams this WC are going with one sitting DM one box to box an an AM... there is absolutely no reason Barca shouldnt. Those teams also have players that can run all day like FDJ and have quality.

FDJ is a modern midfielder at a club in some ways stuck in past.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

Nah he is much better than you lads think and Barcas best mid currently.

The amount of shite spoken about likes of Busquets being better or Gavi in recent times is laughable.

Been Barcas best player since got back in team.

Xavi fucked up massively thinking Pedri/Gavi/Busquets midfield was way to go. Probably cost Barca EL and first seeding.. let alone CL this season.

He will be gone as soon as he is willing to leave though. I doubt Xavi likes him. No Barca DNA passing.

JamDav1982

He will be gone as soon as he is willing to leave though. I doubt Xavi likes him. No Barca DNA passing.

Keep repeating that line when he is passing is levels above likes of Gavi..and is more effective on ball than Busquets.

'Barca DNA passing' is a nonsense if think Gavi or Busi offer more on ball. It is holding club back.

Far better on ball than is made out.

But lets keep thinking Busi etc have 'Barca DNA' passing while Spain get cunted and outworked on ball by other players as do Barca in Europe time and again.

If Xavi doesnt like him and doesnt realise he is Barcas best midfielder than he is a moron. Simple.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

Keep repeating that line when he is passing is levels above likes of Gavi..and is more effective on ball than Busquets.

'Barca DNA passing' is a nonsense if think Gavi or Busi offer more on ball. It is holding club back.

But lets keep thinking Busi etc have 'Barca DNA' passing while Spain get cunted and outworked on ball by other players as do Barca in Europe time and again.

If Xavi doesnt like him and doesnt realise he is Barcas best midfielder than he is a moron. Simple.

Xavi IS a moron. We just have to wait for another two seasons before the board realises it.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Incapable of playing progressive passes. His idea of getting the ball into a more dangerous position is to dribble into the space.

Barcilliant

Get this bum out of here. Low IQ player liked by low IQ fans like bracilliant

What a tool you are. I'm not a big fan or hater of De Jong. He's our best midfielder at the moment though. Pedri and Gavi are still very raw and inconsistent.
Either you can't read or you don't understand English very well.

FinBarcelonafan

I am saying it because I don't think Laporta or Xavi rate him. You know I don't rate Busi. He is a dinosaur and has been for five years now, so pointless to mention.. and then a kid who is 18-19 years old. Of course they are not comparable to a player who is in prime.

Does it make DeJong a good fit to Barca? No imo. He can bring up the ball and then what? He doesn't fit Barca. His skills can be useful for some team but not really this team. That's my opinion. He lacks that killer pass and Finish. Also killer attitude, which Gavi has.

jamrock

This world cup perfectly mirrors his time at Barcelona, 5 games played, 1 WC game, 4 games where he was just solid, good, kept things moving but nothing great.

I'll say it again, that's not what we paid for, to say he's better than a 35 year old & 2 teenagers, which he hasn't been to any great degree if at all since being here, just shows how low the bar is for him.

Can anyone objectively say he's one of the 10 best midfielders in the game? Nope, at his age, wit his salary & what we paid for him, thats the standard.

The man can't even clearly seperate himself for two kids & a oldie, she say listen you bastards, hold my cup, this midfield belongs to me, never mind putting in constant WC performances, no matter how much the system doesn't fit a truly WC player, their class shines through CONSISTENTLY! Which is the operative word, he drops in about 3-5 great games per season and act as it that's something exceptional, oh Madrid this, Napoli that.

Solid/good player though, can't deny that.

Home of Barca Fans