21 - Frenkie de Jong

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yes. But it's Barca. Whoever buys it will invest massively.

It's like buying a Bugatti Veyron. You can't sniff at paying 25k for an oil change. Nobody buys that car while not knowing what they sign up for.

I'm not 100% convinced this is the way, but also don't think that if we end up there it's gonna be a disaster. For the most purist fan, maybe, but they are the ones that elected Bartomeu the clown, so... they had control of the ship and crashed it. Can't moan too much.

Barca purists are so loyal that as soon as we had to play EL they sold their tickets to rival fans in a European quarterfinal and had us playing away on Camp Nou. Yeah... maybe some catalans take the club for granted.

Can't equate those fans and socis to all 150,000 socis we have, vast majority of whom oppose such a move, I have no doubt.

Those are also the socis who removed Bartomeu from office and forced him to step down. Just like people living in democracies, they can only go by the agendas and the promises offered by those candidates, they don't have a crystal ball and know certain leaders they elect into office will be that bad one day.

serghei

You sure? When the Glazer's bought United they were a top 5 team in Europe. By 2013 they were at least in the top 3. The Glazers not only did they not invest in the club, they actually placed a 1.5billion pound debt on the club to pay off the Glazer's loans. Don't be so trusting of billionaires...

There's more wrong with that club than just the Glazers.

Have you listened to their biggest legends talk? Most of them have no clue about modern football.

Last edited:

malvolio

As I've said in another thread - club means too much for Catalan elites and as long as it is self sustainable(which it is) it won't fall into oil hands.

serghei

Can't equate those fans and socis to all 150,000 socis we have, vast majority of whom oppose such a move, I have no doubt.

Those are also the socis who removed Bartomeu from office and forced him to step down. Just like people living in democracies, they can only go by the agendas and the promises offered by those candidates, they don't have a crystal ball and know certain leaders they elect into office will be that bad one day.

We'll see. It's gonna be interesting, if unpleasant, to see the development on this. But make no mistake, if the club doesn't compete with the best, it's like a catatonic patient. Alive, but could be just as much dead.

khaled_a_d

Club is unlikely to be sold for a billionaire. it is valued at 5B by forbes and most sales in sports proved they are undervaluing clubs. Unless we have the interest of top of the top tycoons like Musk/Gates/Bezos/Zuckerberg type of interest, it is likely will either be a corporate (likely a state owned) or sell shares to different investors, like Bayern did.
I think the German model will be most likely, But if the club is stable it won't be even that.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It is said that we have around 500m fans, supporters or whatever you call that around the world. If only each one of them gave a dollar or 2 to the club, we wouldn't need a sugar daddy of any type.

Birdy

Put them in the fucking stands

Simply this!
Despite many here pretending that the financial and the sporing issue are separate, they really aren't

The club at the moment has no leverage in the FDJ's situation, apart from a risky lawsuit that will take a lot of time to get resolved.
He and his dumb agent can play hardball as long as Frenkie knows he is playing.

The moment his ass glues to the bench week in, week out, then his leverage is partly gone.
The biggest weapon Barca has to force him either to take 50% cut or GTFO is his role on the sporting side.

Last edited:

serghei

It is said that we have around 500m fans, supporters or whatever you call that around the world. If only each one of them gave a dollar or 2 to the club, we wouldn't need a sugar daddy of any type.

It's hard to set up a model like this. Not to mention how bad it would look in terms of image if you basically ask for charity fund raising. If you go down this territory there's 1000 things worth paying 2 euros for before football.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It's hard to set up a model like this. Not to mention how bad it would look in terms of image if you basically ask for charity fund raising. If you go down this territory there's 1000 things worth paying 2 euros for before football.

Sure, I wasn't saying club should openly ask for donations and fans should just give money, I am saying fans can do many things to help out such as buying officially licensed club products, especially those made by the club (not Nike) and buying Culer membership or subscribing to Barca TV + etc.

I saw somebody at a different forum who openly boasted that he was watching all the games for free without anything out of pocket, and he hasn't spent any money buying anything in ages, would rather buy a cheap knockoff jersey than a more expensive real one and I was like, :facepalm:

serghei

Sure, I wasn't saying club should openly ask for donations and fans should just give money, I am saying fans can do many things to help out such as buying officially licensed club products, especially those made by the club (not Nike) and buying Culer membership or subscribing to Barca TV + etc.

I saw somebody at a different forum who openly boasted that he was watching all the games for free without anything out of pocket, and he hasn't spent any money buying anything in ages, would rather buy a cheap knockoff jersey than a more expensive real one and I was like, :facepalm:

True.

Laplacian

are you even fucking serious with that video ?

Dembele is one of the fastest sprinters in the world in football.

Frenkie started in front like 1-2 meters and Dembele looked like jogging.

Just stop it with dumb videos.

Yeah, i think you need to adjust your eyes there. Dembele definitely wasn't jogging, and he did not start 2 meters behind Frenkie.

No idea why you're getting all flustered up. If it's so dumb and stupid, ignore it and move on. :lol:

ajnotkeith

Yeah, i think you need to adjust your eyes there. Dembele definitely wasn't jogging, and he did not start 2 meters behind Frenkie.

No idea why you're getting all flustered up. If it's so dumb and stupid, ignore it and move on. :lol:

Agree. Shows that his dribbling is skill and not pure speed :lol:

Joan

Who are the bums that applauded him while he refuses to meet with the club? Should be called out and banned from Nou Camp Spotify. Also hanged in public.

CatalinR10

Used to trash Dembele for being a fucking piece of shit so far in his Barca career but don't ever dissrespect him by saying fucking Frenkie de Jong is faster than him or I'll get you banned for posting stupid shit like this.

Home of Barca Fans