21 - Frenkie de Jong

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
I doubt this board or the next would ever do that tbh.

He is too much of a cult figure.

Yeah I know; It feels almost disrespectful taking it away now. Probably best if he keeps it for symbolic reasons but the actual captain(s) under him should have the right character.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Got ourselves a new dictator. :lol: :lol:

Frenkie de Jong was the one who recommended the Bar?a board to hire Schreuder as Koeman's assistant coach. Koeman liked the idea very much and agreed. [de telegraaf]

KingLeo10

Frenkie de Jong was the one who recommended the Bar?a board to hire Schreuder as Koeman's assistant coach. Koeman liked the idea very much and agreed. [de telegraaf]

He came here to win and be a part of the Dutch heritage at Barca. And he ain't letting amigos come in the way of that.

kattanib

I thought he recommended him as an assistant to Koeman for the National team

FinBarcelonafan

Yeah man. Messi doens't want to win. That's why he is furious after every bad result.

Captaincy, like is expected from most fans, is not his style though.

He is also part of it and his buddies. They are always upset after the failures but nothing changes. We are done with that BS.

Andrew M

It shouldn't matter who wears the arm band. It's purely symbolic.

You don't have to be captain to be a great leader and every great team needs multiple leaders.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Why does it matter who the captain is? It's symbolic. Frenkie can lead and shout as much as he wants, even if he doesn't have an armband.

Yeah i said as much in my next response, its more so trying to take that pressure/expectation with him having the armband.

Home of Barca Fans