Alex Collado

Joan

Yeah, Alena was definitely most prone to it. Might be due to the years he spent there.

Messi983

[MENTION=20930]Messi983[/MENTION]. I can see him potentially having a future here if he goes away for a few seasons though. The space simply isn't there right now in the first 11 for him to establish himself. Plus there is the question of where exactly to play him.

Unless we have the idea to loan Puig and have Collado take his squad position. Maybe Koeman will trust him abit more as he is better physically and more versatile.

I would support this idea. Koeman clearly doesn't trust Puig too much for whatever reason(s).

Another thing to think about is we might prefer to have a shorter squad next season (it's not like Koeman rotates a lot and if FIFA/UEFA will go back to 3 subs/game rule there will be even less minutes for fringe players) to save some money on wages so having a few versatile players like Roberto, Mingueza, Collado and possibly Depay on the bench would make sense.

We can either have Puig as a 6th midfield option only or Collado who can be a 6th midfielder (could obviously work his way up the pecking order if doing well) and also being a 3rd option at RW. Which can be useful knowing our starter there is Dembele who we still can't fully say has finally overcome his injury problems. I know Collado is a totally different profile than Dembele (as is Trincao) but having a bit more depth never hurts.

Can Collado play as a CM like Puig though??? From what ive seen, he plays like Messi/Trincao...

Yeah, I think he can play in the Pedri role. Look at his older highlights (from 2017-19) when he was still playing more as a CM before being converted to a RW (mostly because we've lacked wingers while having too many midfielders). I know season highlights are not the best way to judge player's abilities to play a certain position but I think he can do it.

Messi983

He has renewed until 2023.

ExzqMH6WQAENgcu

Andresito

Staff member
The club activated a clause that renewed him for two years. I guess the condition was that he gets promoted, which he will.

khaled_a_d

22 years of age in 3 weeks, one of the oldest to get promoted from B team.
Let's see if he is the next JDS or next Pedro

soul24rage

With the squad already bloated as it is, Collado's going to face serious competition to play for the first team.

mc_lovin

I guess they renewed him to loan/sell him. Or Puig/Trincao? Dont mind either way. Gives us a bit of flexibility.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I guess they renewed him to loan/sell him. Or Puig/Trincao? Dont mind either way. Gives us a bit of flexibility.

He'll take Coutinho's place.

I'm unsure about Collado's long-term future at Barca, but I've grown fond of his style of play and tenacity.

Messi983

He'll take Coutinho's place.

I'm unsure about Collado's long-term future at Barca, but I've grown fond of his style of play and tenacity.

Then he won't play much. Sure, Coutinho was a starter at the start of the season when Koeman still tried to make his 4-2-3-1 work but just don't see him getting any minutes in our current formation even if he'd be fit to play.

I think it's the best to send Collado on loan or sell him with a buy-back. He's 22 and needs to play regularly.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He is a legitimate 1st team talent. Whether he becomes a regular player in the rotation at Barca or at another club, his impact will be immediate. Lazy to compare him to JDS who was more a passenger than driver like Alex. Collado is a protagonist and his impact will be clear from day 1

Andresito

Staff member
His direct competition is Trincao at RW and Riqui for scraps of minutes as offensive CM. Either way, one of those three need to leave on loan or sold with buy back. I'm guessing Collado will be loaned to a midtable Liga side.

Home of Barca Fans