Alex Collado

xXKonan

Club Brugge is an interesting choice, wonder why he wanted to go there.
I assume he got some assurances about playtime.

It's a good move for him if he in fact does get the game time he needs. The guy needs proper first division football and Brugge would be a good fit.

Messi983

Sure. Could also play CL football there so not saying it's a bad move for him. I was just expecting him to prefer staying in Spain but don't know what other offers he had.

I've also thought about if Brugge possibly have a Spanish coach (or someone who has coached in Spain before) or players who have convinced him but looking at their squad they have neither. Federico Ricca is the only player in their squad who I know has played in La Liga (Malaga). So it's an interesting choice that will hopefully turn out good for him.

Slevinn

Sure. Could also play CL football there so not saying it's a bad move for him. I was just expecting him to prefer staying in Spain but don't know what other offers he had.

I've also thought about if Brugge possibly have a Spanish coach (or someone who has coached in Spain before) or players who have convinced him but looking at their squad they have neither. Federico Ricca is the only player in their squad who I know has played in La Liga (Malaga). So it's an interesting choice that will hopefully turn out good for him.
Don?t think it?s a good move for him. It?s a super ugly club and their biggest talent (their academy is a joke so this guy is worshiped by their fans) plays in his position.

xXKonan

No way he will get game time at Leicester.

Too much competition there and those players are better and more experienced vs a 22-year old kid who hasn't played much first division football.

ajnotkeith

No way he will get game time at Leicester.

Too much competition there and those players are better and more experienced vs a 22-year old kid who hasn't played much first division football.

My thoughts. Leicester is an extremely good club in a better division, not only is it a foreign league where he doesn't know the language, but in terms of difficulty for him to break into a starting role there it's probably the same as Barca. Foreign league, new language, fierce competition for places, and just as good of performances are expected there than at Barcelona, considering the difficulty of the league. He wouldn't get many minutes unless he plays really well.

Messi983

Also don't know why Leicester would take him on loan for a year, develop him and then let him go back to us getting nothing in return. He's not a proven player who can help them right away. Would be another thing if they'd get a buy option but Barca apparently doesn't want to give up on him longterm yet nor does Collado want to leave permanently.

Bobo32

Leicester would never have any use for someone who only started 15 games for a 12th-placed ligue 2 team at 22yo...
Or a 23yo midget playing for a 13th placed team in ligue 1...
Or a 25yo drunk playing in the 5th tier of english football...

It seems ridiculous that they could have use for someone who has been the clear star for Barcelona B...

JamDav1982

Collado wouldnt get a game for Leicester and they wont want him as they have better.

Where other players who have arrived and been great signings came from that they did want at a different time is irrelevant.

ajnotkeith

Leicester would never have any use for someone who only started 15 games for a 12th-placed ligue 2 team at 22yo...
Or a 23yo midget playing for a 13th placed team in ligue 1...
Or a 25yo drunk playing in the 5th tier of english football...

It seems ridiculous that they could have use for someone who has been the clear star for Barcelona B...

The difference is Vardy wasn't a known quantity. And he will have a much better career than Collado ever will. He is at an extremely high level.

Collado is a known quantity, his visibility because he plays for Barca means the comparison to Vardy makes absolutely no sense. Leicester don't have Jesus as their CEO, they didnt take Vardy and turn him into a world class striker because he was terrible. He had the talent.

Bobo32

What that sour scottish pussy dream up in order to "argue" is irrelevant :) St Mirren once let Mahrez slip away btw.

Lack of imagination here! Collado has some very nice qualities, with the right surroundings he could be a good player for that kind of team. There was some reasoning behind the clubs in that article that made some sense. Collado would be very low risk right now, with potential high reward.
Of course all three examples had the talent, but they weren't appreciated and they went to a championship or a PL relegation-candidate team at that age and later showed that they were world class. Collado could be seen as world class if he got to the right place as well, even though he doesn't seem to be good enough for Barcelona A right now.

Redbuck

Good post Bobo. The various clubs were only listed in the article because the creators in chief were either aging (Brighton with Pascal Gross), linked with a move away from the club (Leicester with James Maddison), or had departed for other teams (Milan with Hakan Calhanoglu), so there's no reason to think he may not get game time in the various clubs. I really think he will be a good fit for Leicester considering the fact that they really need an inverted right winger badly and they need other creative options other than Maddison.

JamDav1982

Good post Bobo. The various clubs were only listed in the article because the creators in chief were either aging (Brighton with Pascal Gross), linked with a move away from the club (Leicester with James Maddison), or had departed for other teams (Milan with Hakan Calhanoglu), so there's no reason to think he may not get game time in the various clubs. I really think he will be a good fit for Leicester considering the fact that they really need an inverted right winger badly and they need other creative options other than Maddison.

No chance any of those clubs would turn to Collado to replace Gross/Maddison or Calhanoglu.

Those size of clubs are not looking at 22 year old Barca B players to improve their squad or come in for more established players leaving.

Home of Barca Fans