Eric Garcia (loaned to Girona)

Porque

Laporte was the better of the two, hands down.

Absolutely. But also a considerable age gap.

Laporte, as a left footed CB, is everything we wish to have. Shame about his injury problems. He will get caught out every now and again but when he is on form, he is like a left footed Pique. How we wish we could take 7 years off of him!

FinBarcelonafan

Played well.

Could have done better at the goal and showed Chiesa the other side but other than that performed well and his passing/speed moves ball is impressive.

Stock has grown this tournament and will be a good addtion and starter fairly quickly would think.

Our defense is so bad that he probably improves it quite a bit.

soul24rage

Absolutely. But also a considerable age gap.

Laporte, as a left footed CB, is everything we wish to have. Shame about his injury problems. He will get caught out every now and again but when he is on form, he is like a left footed Pique. How we wish we could take 7 years off of him!

Remember, age is just a number ;)

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Trolls will still find things to be critical of but nothing surprises me with his performances, he will be our future captain over next decade

Bobo32

Trolls will still find things to be critical of but nothing surprises me with his performances, he will be our future captain over next decade

I still don't feel I have a good picture of this player, but I am mildly positive from what I've seen
Yesterday I thought he was slow to react on the goal, and I thought he missed some opportunites for forward passes, instead choosing the "safe" option too quickly.

Rory

Thought he was out of position for the initial through ball that lead to the danger in Italy’s goal. Had to use all his energy to recover his position so Chiesa being a tricky player was always easily going passed him.

He’s been okay this tournament. Worse on the ball than I thought he’d be which is disappointing but better in other area than I thought he would be too.

3rd/4th choice next year at best for me.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

Trolls aka posters who are skeptical about another slow and weak ball-playing CB, right. I hope Garcia develops into a top CB though, he played reasonably well yesterday

JamDav1982

Gone up in my estimations after this tournament.

Vocal, reads game well when stepping up on high line and moves ball quickly into midfield and forward when its on.

Not quickest and needs to improve is feet when faced up to players but dont see him being bullied the way some make out any time he doesnt just charge in and push attacker off ball and take it away.

Can see him being starter if plays like did last night when look at the other CBs Barca currently have.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I didn't watch the game so I can't comment on his performance but man, that video is quite lame (not saying he had a lame game or anything) as the footage consists of mostly his side passes to the other CB and a few passes to the RW or RB on the right side, just one occasion that he was actually doing some DEFENDING.

Bobo32

I didn't watch the game so I can't comment on his performance but man, that video is quite lame (not saying he had a lame game or anything) as the footage consists of mostly his side passes to the other CB and a few passes to the RW or RB on the right side, just one occasion that he was actually doing some DEFENDING.

Well he played against Egypt U23...
Not a big campaign movie for him of course, but it shows his passing being good although not spectacular maybe in this case.
Maybe they could've focused a bit on his positioning when the ball wasn't close, I thought he looked solid there and overall, but I wasn't focusing on him so much.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Well he played against Egypt U23...
Not a big campaign movie for him of course, but it shows his passing being good although not spectacular maybe in this case.
Maybe they could've focused a bit on his positioning when the ball wasn't close, I thought he looked solid there and overall, but I wasn't focusing on him so much.

Could very well be the case. To me what I saw in that video he looked consistent with what he showed at the Euro: Passing-wise, easy and safe passes he can do well certainly but he doesn't take a lot of risks (compared to say Laporte), he'd rather just pass it to the other CB most of the time. He did look composed but I wanted to see how he defends more.

Bobo32

Could very well be the case. To me what I saw in that video he looked consistent with what he showed at the Euro: Passing-wise, easy and safe passes he can do well certainly but he doesn't take a lot of risks (compared to say Laporte), he'd rather just pass it to the other CB most of the time. He did look composed but I wanted to see how he defends more.

I don't want to sound too pretentious here but it is in the way he passes it to the other CB, and also to the midfielders and his RB.
I agree he doesn't seem to take risks, and I like that. It's great to have someone like Marquez, but I am very fine and maybe prefer the way Garcia does it there: always with his head up, passing on the right foot, not too early and not too late. If there are obvious pathways he sees them, as he has positioned himself correctly to have time on the ball.

Home of Barca Fans