Eric Garcia (loaned to Girona)

FC433

Very excited to see him play regardless of his quality, for now. I am also very excited for the upcoming season, as always.

vuji_31

He seems cocky with his last talk about his situation compared to the Piques.

Too confident for no reason, he could be something like Braithwaite.

Messi983

He seems cocky with his last talk about his situation compared to the Piques.

Too confident for no reason, he could be something like Braithwaite.

The former Bar?a defender was asked about the various comparisons between him and legendary defender Gerard Pique, who followed a similar route early on in his career. He said, ?Nothing, I don?t care because I think we?re different footballers, right??

When pushed about the comparison again, Garcia gave in and replied, ?To be honest, I play down the issue. Gerard has achieved everything, he is one of the best centre-backs in the world, is more than recognised and I am only 20, and I am just starting my career. So the only possible comparison is this, that we both are from the academy and we lived in Manchester, but he played for the not so good team. I was luckier and could play at the better team of Manchester. A shame for him.?

Don't see anything cocky in his response. If anything he was respectful but he doesn't want to be compared to Pique which I understand. I've never liked media/fans comparing youngsters to proven players, even less legends. First, it puts more unnecessary pressure to the kids and second, it's disrespectful to the legends. Every player's goal should be to become the best Eric Garcia/insert random name he can be, not being the second coming of Pique, Xaviesta,...

He was also just trolling Pique about playing for United (although tbh City is the better of two Manchester teams right now so he was right about that). I'm sure Pique will have a word or two with him once he's here though. :lol:

Also, Braithwaite being confident is a positive thing. We could use more players with his mentality instead of cry babies like Alba who always crumble under pressure.

FinBarcelonafan

The former Bar?a defender was asked about the various comparisons between him and legendary defender Gerard Pique, who followed a similar route early on in his career. He said, ?Nothing, I don?t care because I think we?re different footballers, right??

When pushed about the comparison again, Garcia gave in and replied, ?To be honest, I play down the issue. Gerard has achieved everything, he is one of the best centre-backs in the world, is more than recognised and I am only 20, and I am just starting my career. So the only possible comparison is this, that we both are from the academy and we lived in Manchester, but he played for the not so good team. I was luckier and could play at the better team of Manchester. A shame for him.?

Don't see anything cocky in his response. If anything he was respectful but he doesn't want to be compared to Pique which I understand. I've never liked media/fans comparing youngsters to proven players, even less legends. First, it puts more unnecessary pressure to the kids and second, it's disrespectful to the legends. Every player's goal should be to become the best Eric Garcia/insert random name he can be, not being the second coming of Pique, Xaviesta,...

He was also just trolling Pique about playing for United (although tbh City is the better of two Manchester teams right now so he was right about that). I'm sure Pique will have a word or two with him once he's here though. :lol:

Also, Braithwaite being confident is a positive thing. We could use more players with his mentality instead of cry babies like Alba who always crumble under pressure.

Actually pretty good answer. I don't see anything wrong there.

HanDW

Don't know how to post tweets from my phone but the oficial Twitter account of the club posted a video about his return.

It was about time to make the whole thing official.

Messi983

Contract until 2026, 400m buy out clause.

https://www.fcbarcelona.com/en/foot...6/eric-garcia-is-fc-barcelonas-second-signing

Eric Garcia will be presented today, Tuesday, as a Bar?a player with the following schedule (all time CEST):

At 1.15pm, signing of the contract in the President Su?ol suite in a private event.
At 2.00pm, photo session on the pitch at Camp Nou.
At 2.30pm, presentation and subsequent press conference at the Auditori 1899.

Due to anti-Covid mesures the presentation of Bar?a's new signing will take place behind closed doors and it can be followed all over the world from 1.00pm on Bar?a TV+.

Last edited:

Messi983

Don't know how to post tweets from my phone but the oficial Twitter account of the club posted a video about his return.

It was about time to make the whole thing official.

Good video.

Much better than that AGUEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO with a bad PS yesterday.

Home of Barca Fans