Eric Garcia (loaned to Girona)

ajnotkeith

Well CB is one of the most physically demanding positions on the pitch (in terms of things like height weight muscle etc) and he doesn't perform well in any physical attribute it appears. He looks slow, lacks agility, is only about 5'10 and has a small frame. Yes, it isn't impossible to be a shorter* CB, but when you're also slow and weak you will struggle very much to mark good strikers. So for him to be a consistent starting CB for us he REALLY needs to make it up elsewhere

Gnidrologist

Is he shat on only because of the red? Thought he did the the right thing to bring the man down and prevent us from loosing the match. Even if he was at fault for allowing that chance to begin with. Was a bit drunk watching that match so don't remember his general performance. We've craped our pants against Bilbao p. much every time in the last 10 years or so so i'd wait for more samples.

ajnotkeith

Is he shat on only because of the red? Thought he did the the right thing to bring the man down and prevent us from loosing the match. Even if he was at fault for allowing that chance to begin with. Was a bit drunk watching that match so don't remember his general performance. We've craped our pants against Bilbao p. much every time in the last 10 years or so so i'd wait for more samples.

Inaki toyed with him and we could well have conceded 2 or 3 more if they finished their chances, he played bad, but as mentioned grandfather's death/difficult game/only his 2nd game so let's see how he continues

mc_lovin

Inaki toyed with him and we could well have conceded 2 or 3 more if they finished their chances, he played bad, but as mentioned grandfather's death/difficult game/only his 2nd game so let's see how he continues

I don't even think his physique was his biggest problem. He just looked unfocused and made a ton of stupid mistakes (eg the one before the red card). He looks reasonably quick to me as well, not sure where him being slow is coming from.

(not doubting that strength is an issue though)

SmilerBam

Extremes like you claiming Depay was over rated and not needed to being Barcas best forward after couple games?

He is our best forward and that says everything about our team right now. Yes, he is overrated considering the talent we had in our history in that forward area. Do you think he is in the same ballpark with the superstars we had before? This is who i am comparing to, and every sane Barca fan should have the pride to demand the best from this club. We are one of the biggest clubs in the world, the last time i checked.

Mateka

Garcia was beaten for pace, but late on in the game, taking a red card for the team, was probably the better decision than conceding a winning goal.

aragorn

I don't even think his physique was his biggest problem. He just looked unfocused and made a ton of stupid mistakes (eg the one before the red card). He looks reasonably quick to me as well, not sure where him being slow is coming from.

(not doubting that strength is an issue though)

Right - I remember him actually running faster than Inaki in one of the chases; his pace is probably not the biggest cause of concern I suppose

JamDav1982

He is our best forward and that says everything about our team right now. Yes, he is overrated considering the talent we had in our history in that forward area. Do you think he is in the same ballpark with the superstars we had before? This is who i am comparing to, and every sane Barca fan should have the pride to demand the best from this club. We are one of the biggest clubs in the world, the last time i checked.

The same players were there before Depay signed and when you were saying he was shite and not needed... now he is Barcas best forward.

Yet you go on about other folk being reactionary..

As usual you go with 'this is what I really meant' and start some strawman argument. It was never about comparing Depay to the talent of Barcas history. You were saying he is not needed now for Barca and at level of mid table la liga teams now.

You are even more reactionary and disingenuous when try to lie about what your original point was and no one was comparing Depay to Barca greats of past anyway.

Sure sounds like your point was just that Depay will never be a Barca Great..

Any man in their prime 30 or 40 years ago would eat this '' bad boy'' for breakfast. He is just a wannabe. Wannabe bad boy, wannabe rapper, wannabe footballer. Sick that this muppets make so much money when they should sell hamburgers at MCDonalds.

Now Depay hs become a priority for this club. Laughable. People will see how mediocre this guy is. I mean,he is great for the likes of Betis Sevilla or so.

Last edited:

SmilerBam

The same players were there before Depay signed and when you were saying he was shite and not needed... now he is Barcas best forward.

Yet you go on about other folk being reactionary..

As usual you go with 'this is what I really meant' and start some strawman argument. It was never about comparing Depay to the talent of Barcas history. You were saying he is not needed now for Barca and at level of mid table la liga teams now.

You are even more reactionary and disingenuous when try to lie about what your original point was and no one was comparing Depay to Barca greats of past anyway.

Sure sounds like your point was just that Depay will never be a Barca Great..

Any man in their prime 30 or 40 years ago would eat this '' bad boy'' for breakfast. He is just a wannabe. Wannabe bad boy, wannabe rapper, wannabe footballer. Sick that this muppets make so much money when they should sell hamburgers at MCDonalds.

Now Depay hs become a priority for this club. Laughable. People will see how mediocre this guy is. I mean,he is great for the likes of Betis Sevilla or so.

And i still believe what i've said. He is the best of a bad bunch.

JamDav1982

Not sticking to what said originally and flipped on him after two games.

That is the point.

I am sure you will flip back if he has a couple poor games. All just reactionary and yet arrogantly try to point out others doing that for Garcia.

ajnotkeith

He's not the usual quality of forward Barca would have during our golden years but watching him next to Griezman and Braithwaite you can really see he is a cut above and he clearly has a lot of desire to make it here unlike half our team who are here cashing in checks. He has known to be inconsistent but he is gonna be our best forward this season, and we'll rely on him more if Ansu can't bring back the magic.

Devils

Still lolling @ those La Masia headcases who were trying to pass the narrative that the only reason City bought Dias was because Garcia was leaving.

SmilerBam

He's not the usual quality of forward Barca would have during our golden years but watching him next to Griezman and Braithwaite you can really see he is a cut above and he clearly has a lot of desire to make it here unlike half our team who are here cashing in checks. He has known to be inconsistent but he is gonna be our best forward this season, and we'll rely on him more if Ansu can't bring back the magic.
I agree to this and this what i've said all along. He's better than Braithwaite and Griezzyboy, but that is not exactly very hard, isn't it? Anyway, it's gonna be a very long season boys.

Home of Barca Fans