15 - Andreas Christensen

Kul_z

What are you talking about? We didn't get annihilated in any game this season except Bayern at home when we had a tool like Bellerin showing us how he can't properly keep an offside line. Besides, in that match the team had nothing left to fight for as the big match was the 3-3 vs Inter.

All the other losses this season were very close games, most of which we were the better team in.

When balde goes up its crucial to have christensen on that side. Our luck might be for cdr match that vini is on left no matter what, so we dont need to sacrifice araujo. But if we do, you'll see in no time how our defensive line suck.
Getting 3 goals against inter is good? Our back line that wasnt in full force(balde, christensen, araujo, kounde) but mostly missed 1, let in 12 goals in 6 games. If that isnt annhiliation then i dont know what is it.
He gives us level up when in squad, alonso would be a weak link and rightefully targeted from oposition

Porque

Long term Christensen's our best signing since Xavi became coach, crazy. Of course if our scouting were good and Xavi weren't making the decisions we could've done massively better with money he spent/wasted.

Good point. Next example will be Xavi selecting Inigo over Ndicka.

Regarding Christensen, it may be a case of lucking out that one of our ancient scouting list targets contract expired.

Barcelona are considering a bid for Chelsea defender Andreas Christensen
https://www.*********/en/news/barce...ead-of-winter-window/zkjvjdw2g0ajzpm4wmv691y3

Chelsea have rejected a move from Barcelona for defender Andreas Christiansen despite the fact the centre back is yet to play any Premier League football so far this season.
https://www.sportbible.com/football...fer-for-defender-andreas-christensen-20181130

Chelsea defender Andreas Christensen emerges as a shock ?20m target for Catalans

https://*******************/sport/f...n-emerges-as-a-shock-20m-target-for-catalans/

When they signed Christensen in 2011, they were feeling pretty pleased with themselves after fending off interest from European football?s leading clubs.... Barcelona went the same way when they were also outbid.

:lol:

Redbuck

I wouldn't say Xavi has made a bad decision if he chooses Inigo over N'Dicka as they both have their pros and cons. I'd personally prefer N'Dicka as he's younger and would be here for the long term option, would also be a very good acquisition if Xavi wants to play a back 3 in the long term, and he's comfortably taller than Inigo (6"3-5"11). But OTOH, N'Dicka has mostly played in a back 3 so we have no clue as to whether he'll easily adapt in a back 4 while playing as a CB. Also, he's at the age where he needs to be a starter, and other teams can offer him a starting position while he'll only be part of the numerous young CB's who need to start games (Along with Araujo, Kounde and Christensen) and it's very unlikely that he'll accept staying on the bench if he comes here, doesn't have experience in La Liga (even though it's not a major factor as Christensen as proven, it's still an area that Inigo has the edge over him) and let's not even go into the money aspect.

Andresito

Staff member
Already warned you guys.

It's not ruled out that there may be an undesirable departure this summer. Andreas Christensen feels happy in Barcelona, but if an offer of above €50m arrives, it's tempting for the Blaugrana. [sport]

Redbuck

Already warned you guys.

It's not ruled out that there may be an undesirable departure this summer. Andreas Christensen feels happy in Barcelona, but if an offer of above €50m arrives, it's tempting for the Blaugrana. [sport]

I really doubt if that's gonna happen as Laporta and co are really putting in a lot of effort to avoid that kind of scenario even though at our current state, it wouldn't take a lot of shithousery from Tebas to make undesirable departures a reality. But if for some reason it happens, we'll need to get both N'Dicka and Inigo Martinez, get RID of Garcia, and also keep Alonso far away from that CB position, so that we can still have a good defence without Christensen.

Porque

Yeah, makes no sense that the club will sell him.

Makes financial sense though. But may set a bad precedent for incoming free transfers that despite being the best signing, that Barcelona will look to can you after a year for financial gain. And we will need to be deep in those free agency pools over the next years to remain competitive.

Sporting wise we would be better offloading Kounde if we can get an offer of atleast equal to what we paid. Though his 13m gross/year as per capology is certainly a stumbling block.

To be honest, I've already made peace that next season we will probably be a worse 11 given the circumstances and big decisions needed. Just need to get a good run in the CL to offset it.

EDIT

And of course compete for LaLiga. Expect Madrid to be stronger though.

As a wiseman said, it is what it is.

Last edited:

wisconsincule

If we sell him I am going to lose it…

We finally have defensive stability and we go sell one of the key pieces to that stability. It would be a massive mistake. Especially if those funds would be used to bring back Messi.

serghei

If we sell him I am going to lose it?

We finally have defensive stability and we go sell one of the key pieces to that stability. It would be a massive mistake. Especially if those funds would be used to bring back Messi.

Don't think we will sell him if not for some absurd high offer over 60m or so. Messing up what has been working to do something else doesn't seem like a productive strategy going forward.

If a very high offer appears, considering that he is very injury prone... could see it being tempting, but doubt such an offer will apear after just a season with us.

Porque

Maybe club would want to go forward with Kounde-Araujo partnership and have Inigo Martinez + Garcia or other CB as rotation.

Getting 50-60mil to buy a good RB would not be bad.

We would probably blow it on Foyth, which along with Inigo and Eric featuring more would be a huge downgrade.

Also, with the RB rumours still twirling, I guess we just blew 4m for nothing on Julian Araujo.

Last edited:

soul24rage

Considering how well he is playing, for me he would be one of the last player to sell.

Get rid of the deadwoods first and then let's see.

Home of Barca Fans