FC Barcelona Finances

Porque

Take loan from Goldman Sachs. But have problem with sponsorship from Vegan Company in Israel.

Last edited:

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
I am not disputing whatever you are saying about what the Israeli government has done or is doing, what I am saying again and again is that regular individuals and business entities have nothing to do with the state. Not just in authoritarian states, even in the democratic countries individuals and entities should not be held responsible for what the government has done, even though they can influence them (in theory).

Sanctions and embargoes have been carried out in a wholesale and unjust way against everybody and entity in a country, true, for example Iran and that sucks, it should have never been done this way. There are increasingly more targeted sanctions though these days, for example US sanctions against certain Chinese companies and government officials that were believed to be complicit of certain things the Chinese government is accused of by the US. That?s better than sanctioning an entire country. Anyways, the point is you have to separate normal citizens and business entities from the state and not hold them liable for what their government has done. I don?t know where you are from, should you or businesses from your country be boycotted simply because they are from your country because of grievances against your government? No.

Just because they are Israeli, we should boycott it? Ridiculous.

I understand your points well and they have some merit but this isn't like other countries in modern history.

Analogy. I kick you out of your own home and then I let my friend stay in your house working your land. My friend knows I stole the house and the land and am keeping you locked up in your own basement while not providing you with enough food or water.
On the occasions I do give you food if you attempt to hit me with a paper plane I punish you by savagely beating the entirely of your body with a whip.
Is my friend complicit by accepting to stay there knowing full well the land and house were stolen and I'm regularly abusing you?

Let's just agree to Disagree.

delancey

I understand your points well and they have some merit but this isn't like other countries in modern history.

Analogy. I kick you out of your own home and then I let my friend stay in your house working your land. My friend knows I stole the house and the land and am keeping you locked up in your own basement while not providing you with enough food or water.
On the occasions I do give you food if you attempt to hit me with a paper plane I punish you by savagely beating the entirely of your body with a whip.
Is my friend complicit by accepting to stay there knowing full well the land and house were stolen and I'm regularly abusing you?

Palestinian HAMAS, a recognized terrorist organization, is responsible for feeding and providing its population with necessities, not Israel. Instead of teaming up with Iran, another leading terrorist sponsor, and trying to kill as many Israeli civilians as possible, perhaps those resources could have gone to its people to buy water and electricity, as you mentioned above.

Last edited:

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Palestinian HAMAS, a recognized terrorist organization, is responsible for feeding and providing its population with necessities, not Israel. Instead of teaming up with Iran, another leading terrorist sponsor, and trying to kill as many Israeli civilians as possible, perhaps those resources could have gone to its people to buy water and electricity, as you mentioned above.

Typical response spoken without brining any reality or context to the situation. Israel limits both what can and cant be brought into that open air prison as well as the quantities, they also like destroy and damage critical infrastructure while also unjustly harassing, dehumanize and jailing its residents. But that's fine because due to the sheer desperation of the Palestinians and their plight against a disgustingly inhumane regime they've had no choice but to accept what is a by product (HAMAS) of the actions of the Israeli State and its allies.

ajnotkeith

Does the company in question have any links to the Israeli government/IDF? Have they publicly supported them or do they operate in illegal settlements?

There are dozens of countries who's governments do absolutely terrible things but assuming all civilians or businesses of said countries are automatically implicated in it makes no sense.

Some research is necessary into the company and its ownership before writing about settlements and government human rights abuses, because they have nothing to do with that if they are simply just from Israel. Looking quickly it doesn't appear they have anything to do with settlements or the IDF or the Israeli government so nothing links them to anything you wrote.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The less said about Tencent's business practices the better and I do not want Barca to become a propaganda machine for the Chinese state as a partnership with Tencent is definitely approved from up high in CCP.

Altho they are like the 11th richest company in the world too and more than capable of offering more money than the other two.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Don't know anything about Polkadot but Tencent certainly has a lot of money is already huge within China with WeChat and other online games and products, but I doubt they will want to spend a lot of money to advertise to audience outside of China since the US government and its allies will probably sanction them somehow because they are Chinese.

Would be great if we turn all of these into smaller global or regional sponsors, if we have concerns about printing their names on our jerseys.

ajnotkeith

Yeah we should not tar the history and reputation of this club by becoming a sponsor for the CCP.

Spotify sounds good, could probably offer a lot and their logo would make the kit look nice.

Messi983

I think we should just take the best offer we'll get.

There isn't really much ethics in todays sport and business world.

Home of Barca Fans