FC Barcelona Finances

Richard.H

What's the worst that can happen regarding the debt? We get relegated to Division 2? We have to let go of most players and play the B team? Just want to know what the punishment is in Spain for this.

Porque

Looks like we'll be forced to sell some players we dont really want to sell.

Ansu? Pedri?

Dembele is a given.

Then there is the small matter of settling Coutinho, Griezmann and Messi.

Fun summer.

Porque

MaTS is the biggest first 11 fixture who we could get money from and miss the least. I'd personally sell him if we can find a decent replacement for half the beans.

serghei

Technically Barca is rated at 4bn dollars. So, it should be possible to strike a deal to make that debt payable in steps. This would mean though, that the priority will be paying that. The players with high wages need to go. Even if it means we play with kids.

If the COVID situation is resolved in the summer our revenue might be back. That's the problem with not being a sugar-daddy club and depending on self-generated revenue. Add to that the crap irresponsible management of Bartomeu & Co... and... this is where it leads.

JamDav1982

Dont think it will lead to players sales.

Barca will borrow, allow investment from some billionaire arabs that doesnt lose socio ownership or sell the stadium and move before do any of that.

Borrow 1.5 billion for Espai payable over 20 odd years or whatever it is rather than 1 billion.

The worst possible thing Barca could do is sell off players and damage product on park. Just a downward spiral from there that leads to less revenues.

Last edited:

serghei

Dont think it will lead to players sales.

Barca will borrow, allow investment from some billionaire arabs that doesnt lose socio ownership or sell the stadium and move before do any of that.

Borrow 1.5 billion for Espai payable over 20 odd years or whatever it is rather than 1 billion.

The worst possible thing Barca could do is sell off players and damage product on park. Just a downward spiral from there that leads to less revenues.

That's where the new board will have to show its quality. Fix the mess Bartomeu left behind.

soul24rage

Probably for the next 5 years or more, we will have to rely on Barca B, free transfers and small punts on young players.

Man, Barto is so trash.

JamDav1982

Opening up membership also would have an impact but not sure agree with idea of that as think should be kept more in hands of the locals.

Unless the open up membership but the votes from abroad have less of a share.

With a club the size of Barca there is a lot of scope to generate those revenues.

Rename the stadium and dont give it to covid charities or whatever was planned.

serghei

Probably for the next 5 years or more, we will have to rely on Barca B, free transfers and small punts on young players.

Man, Barto is so trash.

Depends a lot on the covid situation though. If the fans are back and tourists are back and all that, our revenue will go back up. The clear thing is that the wages got absurd. Those need to be cut down by a lot.

Richard.H

Opening up membership also would have an impact but not sure agree with idea of that as think should be kept more in hands of the locals.

Unless the open up membership but the votes from abroad have less of a share.

This is an excellent idea. A lot of fans around the world would love to have a club membership without needing to go to Camp Nou every year. I bet most of this forum would join as a member if that requirement was dropped. Give global members like 0.5 of a share and vote and I think it could work. Charge a yearly fee.

Also, I agree with selling the rights to the stadium to some sponsor. We are in desperate need of money. I'm sure many sponsors would pay big bucks for it. Camp Nou is the biggest stadium in Europe and I believe the most visited by tourists

khaled_a_d

Man, Barto is so trash.

The club will borrow or do whatever it takes to make a big signing and new poster boys.
That will be the right move, without such signings revenue will fall and it will be downhill. Stars are more important to revenue than trophies, though trophies creates the stars.

Home of Barca Fans