FC Barcelona Finances

Andresito

Staff member
Spotify will put its name on the Camp Nou for 12 seasons. For the first four seasons, they'll pay 5 million euros each (20 million euros in total). During the eight seasons after, they'll pay 20 million euros each (160 million euros).

FPNPg6sXIAUmXV-

jamrock

So the shirt & Training sponsorship is 65m, if we can get a sleeve sponsor for around another 5, we at 70m. I'll take that.

The woman's shirt is basically a freebie so I'm not taking that into consideration, I imagine if negotiations had happened after all the hype around their recent CL game it would be different.

Would probably get there own independent sponsor or they would actually add real value to the negotiations, a extra 2m right there.

But overall pretty good deal.

JamDav1982

So the shirt & Training sponsorship is 65m, if we can get a sleeve sponsor for around another 5, we at 70m. I'll take that.

The woman's shirt is basically a freebie so I'm not taking that into consideration, I imagine if negotiations had happened after all the hype around their recent CL game it would be different.

Would probably get there own independent sponsor or they would actually add real value to the negotiations, a extra 2m right there.

But overall pretty good deal.

The shirt and training top is 60m if all clauses met.

Would think the numbers have been fudged a little bit to make the shirt not appear low.

For the sleeve it has been rumoured they are prepared to take bit more of a risk and go with crypto on that and between 10-15m.

Women get the 5m and will be on the accounts of their team.

jamrock

If they go crypto & get anywhere near 10m sleeves, that would be huge.

Very good numbers considering, we didn't start the negotiations In the strongest position, a lot of these things are about timing.

On our current run, we definitely getting a bit more money.

But great deal all things considered.

FinBarcelonafan

We were bit unlucky. In terms of value this team looks now 20% more valuable than at the start of January. Barca has done so well on pitch with men's team and now great record with Women's team. A lot of positive buzz going on with Barca.

Spotify must be smiling now. They got a bargain. (For now at least).

mc_lovin

We were bit unlucky. In terms of value this team looks now 20% more valuable than at the start of January. Barca has done so well on pitch with men's team and now great record with Women's team. A lot of positive buzz going on with Barca.

Spotify must be smiling now. They got a bargain. (For now at least).

I would be surprised if it fluctuates this much on the back of a few good performances :p

FinBarcelonafan

I would be surprised if it fluctuates this much on the back of a few good performances :p

Read this forum in December before transfers and you get a point.

All the media was talking we are done, bankrupt, Barca won't rise in many years etc.

Bad bad situation to negotiate contract for commercial purposes. Not exactly good.

The lowest point was probably game vs Bayern(8th of December). All hope lost and couldn't make it through the group stage of CL. Sad times.

Truly depressing times. It's insane how quickly things turned around. Now I feel very good about the organization and the team. We are buzzing!

mc_lovin

Read this forum in December before transfers and you get a point.

All the media was talking we are done, bankrupt, Barca won't rise in many years etc.

Bad bad situation to negotiate contract for commercial purposes. Not exactly good.

Didn't hurt United for example. There are other key numbers far more important than sporting success (there are performance bonuses I suppose though).

Bankruptcy would have been a valid reason, but I don't think we got close on that front and neither did it depend on our success lately.

jamrock

Yea 20% a bit much, but we would definitely be getting more if we started the talks now a lot of marketing is about feel & hype obviously, no more hyped team in the world than us over the past month or two.

jamrock

Didn't hurt United for example. There are other key numbers far more important than sporting success (there are performance bonuses I suppose though).

Bankruptcy would have been a valid reason, but I don't think we got close on that front and neither did it depend on our success lately.

United never had the kinda bad press that we had, club was on the brink, united where just meh.

JamDav1982

United have always been spending big and folk thinking that they are on verge of challenging.

They are also the biggest team in the most watched league in the world with a fan base that isnt going anywhere.

The EPL has got bigger and bigger and always been seen to be coming even when La Liga dominating CL. While La Liga this season and last few been about as bad as has been with as little stars in it.

mc_lovin

United have always been spending big and folk thinking that they are on verge of challenging.

They are also the biggest team in the most watched league in the world with a fan base that isnt going anywhere.

That's the key here and I suppose we are in a similar boat.

I don't think a company like Spotify (or a club like Barcelona) are headless chicken and would have negotiated a better deal on current performances.

FinBarcelonafan

That's the key here and I suppose we are in a similar boat.

I don't think a company like Spotify (or a club like Barcelona) are headless chicken and would have negotiated a better deal on current performances.

You underestimate human emotion. People are insanely careless with money if they feel they are getting a good deal.

This deal isn't done because of finance. It's love for football. Spotify owner is a big football fan.

Home of Barca Fans