FC Barcelona Finances

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yeah, this is almost like the Barca Corporate model that Bartomeu pitched previously, selling 49% of the stake to an outside party, get the money and expertise etc. and grow the entity much bigger so we will benefit more down the road.

10% isn't too bad, if this deal helps beef up La Liga (including Segunda) clubs and other sections such as women's football etc. to make it grow bigger and healthier etc.

I am curious though why Serie A and Bundesliga rejected their respective deals with CVC.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The part that corresponds to the clubs will be, however, a finalist: the teams must present a business plan that must be validated by LaLiga , which has also established what they should allocate the resources to.

Specifically, up to 70% of the resources obtained by each club must be dedicated to investments related to infrastructure, international development, brand and product development, communication strategy, innovation and technology plan and content development plan plan on platforms. digital and social networks. Clubs may have up to an additional 15% for the registration of players and another 15% to pay off financial debt, as detailed by LaLiga this afternoon through a statement.

With these conditions, LaLiga will prevent most of the resources obtained from being used to repay debt , as the Government has done with the loans to companies endorsed by the Official Credit Institute (ICO), or that is fully financed to finance transfers . The objective is that the rain of millions allows to strengthen the football business in the long term.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Also wanted to point out that the money the clubs will receive is not grant, but a loan, with a term of 40 years but with 0% interest. I read that somehow this will not impact the clubs' overall debt, not sure what it means and how that works.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Could we technically kickstart and speed up the stadium redevelopment process with this?

Definitely sounds like it.

If we get 250m from this, 70% would amount to 175m, I am thinking we should be spending a great majority of it on the Espai Barca project but certainly not all. I'd really want to see some concrete movement there, especially when Madrid's new bernaneu is going quite well, almost ahead of schedule.

FinBarcelonafan

If Spanish teams can let in 40% of the capacity it's huge for Barca. Camp nou usually averages around 70k people, so they could let in now 40k.. That's pretty good!

Almost back to normal revenues.

Jenks

It seems like a fantastic deal for CVC. La Liga not so much. I'm not surprised that Real Madrid and Barcelona are against it.

Prodi

Contrary to what might seem due to the immediate economic injection of the agreement that LaLiga has reached with the CVC investment fund , the two main Spanish clubs, Real Madrid and Barcelona , do not support the maneuver of the body chaired by Javier Tebas. Real Madrid sources explain to EL MUNDO their surprise at the operation, a surprise shared in Can Bar?a: "Both we and Barcelona have found out about this operation through the media, despite the fact that it plays with our own rights. They have cooked it from LaLiga without counting on us, and there are clear indications that it is an illegal operation. Therefore we reserve the option of trying by all the means at our disposal that this proposal does not prosper. "

The position of Barcelona is especially striking, probably the club that benefited the most from the agreement due to its critical economic situation. The arrival of more than 270 million allows him to expand the salary margin and, therefore, register Leo Messi , the great headache of Joan Laporta since he arrived. However, the Bar?a president has also privately shown his disappointment over an agreement that both clubs reject.

Why? Mainly because they consider that, in the medium and long term, both clubs will lose money. The key is in the duration of the agreement between LaLiga and CVC. Those 40 years suppose, understand Real Madrid and Barcelona , a mortgage that is too long to be acceptable. In fact, at Real Madrid they doubt, insist, the legality of the agreement, with which they are currently studying the legal actions necessary to challenge it, among other things because they know that, within LaLiga, they will have the vote next Monday lost. The Assembly, made up of all the First and Second Division clubs, will give the green light to the operation devised by the employers.

https://twitter.com/elmundoes/status/1423261053551529988

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yeah. We're both likely to vote against it as La Liga will lose out in the long-term when duration of the agreement is for 40 years.

mc_lovin

I applaud Madrid. The more I read about the CVC deal the shittier it gets.

But there is some cosmic karma at play... Perez negotiated in secrecy about the ESL the same way Tebas/La Liga did with CVC.

Last edited:

Sterlingfan2000

“I don’t feel responsible for not fulfilling an electoral promise. We did agree a deal with Messi, but we could not register that agreement because of the wage cap. People to blame? The numbers the previous board made public were not right, they were much worse as the audit said”

How fucked are we in Reality?

Home of Barca Fans