Sergio Busquets

jamrock

Hope if he does renew we still try to get someone to replace him, medium to long term, to start that transition while he's still at the club, wouldn't be the worst thing, if We'd done that with more of our greats we'd be in a better position today.

Porque

Those four passed Real off the park as well.

Frenkie is huge for Busquets and could see they both enjoyed that game yesterday. Betis couldnt get near them when in second half went double pivot and allowed Balde to stay higher up park.

Lets see how they get on v United but United are not as strong as some make out and I wouldnt have their midfield as better.

We beat Madrid big last season and later regressed. So yeah, let's see if we can achieve that again in the Copa Del Rey.

Yesterday game was my favourite of the season simply for how controlled we looked, and that finally we have a system that makes the most of our squad. Dembele missing noted.

Agreed on United, which is kind of my point on Europe, this system and Busquets existing in it.

Zidane82

Our best player atm tbh

Stats don't lie

Plus in this clip showing their dangerous breakaway it was Busqs who was first to put pressure on the guy who messed up his pass .

https://twitter.com/barsalev/status/1621024955382255617?s=46&t=HuqxlI4qpJZtuvRApti-pw

vegitot

Those four passed Real off the park as well.

Frenkie is huge for Busquets and could see they both enjoyed that game yesterday. Betis couldnt get near them when in second half went double pivot and allowed Balde to stay higher up park.

Lets see how they get on v United but United are not as strong as some make out and I wouldnt have their midfield as better.

Utd's midfield isn't any better but they can play an annoying way just like what they did to City. Won't surprise if Casemiro man mark Pedri and keep him out of the game. Our midfield tend to drop a stinker in European night recently.

JamDav1982

Interesting the way Xavi played Busquets and FDJ yesterday particularly in the second half.

Almost the reverse as would expect.. Busquets was the one allowed to press and try to win ball back while FDJ sat a bit and tried to protect on the break.

Also on the ball FDJ was one getting it more from defence and Busquets was almost making movements once FDJ had dragged players to him.

Much much better than when it is Busi as lone DM who is struggling to make angles for ball played out or Busi at DM going to win ball and leaving space in DM area when doesnt.

Messigician

Anyone that knows ball

Knows he's playing exceptionally well in this system.

70m for zubi? Please he isn't even better than 40 year old Busi

JohnN

Appearances can be deceiving, and the real test will be Manchester, but we have to say Busi in this system has improved and actually plays really good for his age. Perhaps the type of opposition suits him. Remains to be seen. But let's stay positive.

PhilS

In some important ways, Busi has improved this year. He is fantastic now on recovering the ball, the 6 second rule. All 4 midfielders, in this new Gala lineup, are terrorizing the opponents with their initial defense. And Kessie is no big step down, he will have a bigger role the rest of this season as the others tire and there are the inevitable injuries.

I hope all 5 return next season, if Busquets will take appropriately lower pay and a 1 year deal. Aging Busquets was too exposed defensively in the 4-3-3, but not in new setup with all 4 midfielders.

Or, a healthy Kante would slot right in if Busquets goes. The pre-injury Kante would be ideal for this new Barca.

Home of Barca Fans