spl1233099_003.jpg

Karrueche Tran

karrueche-depay-dating.jpg

Baddest women in the game coming to Camp Nou
rejoice.png

Praise Allah! We made it.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Not the biggest fan, but wouldn't be a bad option on free transfer if we can offload all three of Griezmann, Coutinho and Dembele.

We need Haaland along with him though. Signing a #9 that has a proven goalscoring record should be our number one priority.

FC433

Excellent numbers, but I really do not like his playstyle. A bit too slow, never makes runs, and wants the ball at his feet. You can watch him play right now.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Koeman will still insist on signing him according to Oriol Domenech.

Griezmann need to leave in that case. No room for both.

In theory replacing Griezmann and Braithwaite with Memphis + an actual #9 doesn't sound too bad on paper.

Last edited:

Laplacian

Hopefully Laporta will say no. Griezmann and Braithwaite need to go, but we don't need another false 9/second strikers to take up their place. Wingers and strikers should be the only profiles coming in.

gregorrin10

Sell Coutinho, buy depay in winter.

Then on summer will be sport cover, Depay es number 9 instead of Haaland

Why would you sell one player and replace him with literally the same type of player? Someone who just waits for the ball to come to his feet, not to mention we already have that in Messi and Dembele, but at least they offer so much more (Messi at least, while Dembele also does have at least his dribbling and easy penetration of defenses about him). While I see Depay no different than Coutinho, he just doesn't have that X factor in him, and is suited exactly to where he is right now, a luxury player for a mid-level European club in an average league. Him coming here is just prolonging the Coutinho misery, but with a different player name, just setting us up for 3-4 more years of misery and having a useless player on the books. Him wanting Depay (and possibly Wijnaldum) so bad is the reason I want Koeman not to stick around, even though he's done well with the young players already at the club. I just think his track record with signings isn't good, and it isn't gonna get any better with these types of players. It's funny, when the previous Board was in, we wanted the coach to be the one making the decisions about which players to get in, and the Board did fuck all to listen and did it their own way. but now when we do have a capable Board, who seemingly know what we need, the coach who doesn't is gonna have his say. Hopefully not, though.

vuji_31

He is comming to be squad player for free.
But agree he is not best type for is , another false 9.

15 goals ,10 from penalty. It says all

Porque

9 assists too.

If he is coming it is because Koeman knows exactly what to get from him and how to play in his system.

I can see him working as a false 9 or in a front 2.

But damn he is going to suffer if Messi leaves like Kluivert did coming in after Ronaldo left. The drop off will be huge.

serghei

9 assists too.

If he is coming it is because Koeman knows exactly what to get from him and how to play in his system.

I can see him working as a false 9 or in a front 2.

But damn he is going to suffer if Messi leaves like Kluivert did coming in after Ronaldo left. The drop off will be huge.

Will be a big dropoff in terms of personal-execution type of goals, and it will take a while for the players used to look for Messi all the time to adjust. Whether we can compensate for that loss with more work rate and better pressing will be interesting to see.

Laplacian

Why would you sell one player and replace him with literally the same type of player? Someone who just waits for the ball to come to his feet, not to mention we already have that in Messi and Dembele, but at least they offer so much more (Messi at least, while Dembele also does have at least his dribbling and easy penetration of defenses about him). While I see Depay no different than Coutinho, he just doesn't have that X factor in him, and is suited exactly to where he is right now, a luxury player for a mid-level European club in an average league. Him coming here is just prolonging the Coutinho misery, but with a different player name, just setting us up for 3-4 more years of misery and having a useless player on the books. Him wanting Depay (and possibly Wijnaldum) so bad is the reason I want Koeman not to stick around, even though he's done well with the young players already at the club. I just think his track record with signings isn't good, and it isn't gonna get any better with these types of players. It's funny, when the previous Board was in, we wanted the coach to be the one making the decisions about which players to get in, and the Board did fuck all to listen and did it their own way. but now when we do have a capable Board, who seemingly know what we need, the coach who doesn't is gonna have his say. Hopefully not, though.

Thank you, thank you, and thank you. Just because he is free doesn't mean he should be acquired. There's no role for him here, he doesn't add anything that we're lacking, and he creates more issues. It's a dumb signing.

vuji_31

Maybe you are right , we will see.

We don't know if Messi is staying,will Griezmann will be here, can we sign Haaland?

fergus90

The only way I don't mind Depay if he isn't the solution at 9. He's 18-20 goals a type season player if he's on penalty duties.

But as has been alluded to, spends nowhere enough to occupying positions you'd want your 9 to operate in.

Looking forward to the Memphis Depay ft Griezmann - It's a Swap Ting music video though.

Andresito

Staff member
I'm all for replacing Griezmann with Depay.

Ansu, Messi and Dembele will form our attacking line next season anyway, and if Koeman goes for 3-5-2 it'll be Ansu and Messi up top.

Ansu/Depay, Messi/Braithwaite, Dembele/Trincao is acceptable for me. Braithwaite being 6th choice with Depay operating at LW and CF. I'd accept replacing Braithwaite with Aguero.

Laplacian

Replacing Griezmann with Depay nullifies the issues you'd be solving by getting rid of Griezmann. This has been pointed out several times before. It makes no sense. If that's the strategy, might as well keep Griezmann as he's a better player than Depay.

Home of Barca Fans