Samuel Umtiti

Birdy

Don't get your hopes high

It's only year loan and we are paying his wages.
Will be back next summer, and has a contract until '26 FFS

Andresito

Staff member
Don't get your hopes high

It's only year loan and we are paying his wages.
Will be back next summer, and has a contract until '26 FFS

Next season we'll be able to buy him out. His contract was going to run out in 2023 initially so it's not a lot of money.

Joan

So paying 100% of his wages and no loan fee? Seems a bit pointless. Not for Lecce of course.

You get to hope he does well enough someone agrees to take him on friendlier terms next summer. Of course, we don't know if Lecce won't pay a dime but he was of no use either way.

Porque

With the way Roma and Lecce fans responded to Dybala and Umtiti, I can only imagine how the Torino fans would react to Braithgreat.

Andresito

Staff member
In the squad for 5 games for Lecce: 0 minutes played.

I read recently that the coach believes in him and that he'll play eventually. But I wonder how long it'll take until then.

mc_lovin

I mean we essentially fully pay him to play somewhere else. There was zero hope on my part from the very beginning.

Will be back in a year and we hopefully find another "loan" - repeat until 2026 :lol: Or mutually terminate his contract by paying him out.

Barcilliant

He's such an idiot. He should just negotiate a contract termination and quit football. The other thing would be to get a big contract in one of the Gulf countries.

Home of Barca Fans